Back in the Kitchen Again (new job!)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BBQ Mikey

Sous Chef
So after an unsatisfactory occupation at a reputable company which I will not name, I have taken an oppurtunity to hop back in the kitchen at P.F. Chiangs Chinese Bistro. Anyone heard of it? Its really upscale chinese and I definately impressed the head chef with my knowledge of asian cooking and familiarity with the chinese kitchen.

Id like to thank all of you here. I couldnt be more excited about going back into cooking professionally, and they laid out some oppurtunities for me to move up in the industry. I am sure I will learn countless techniques and recipes, some of which I will share and I should be able to help others in more areas than ever before.

Cheers :chef:

So after an unsatisfactory occupation at a reputable company which I will not name, I have taken an oppurtunity to hop back in the kitchen at P.F. Chiangs Chinese Bistro. Anyone heard of it? Its really upscale chinese and I definately impressed the head chef with my knowledge of asian cooking and familiarity with the chinese kitchen.

Id like to thank all of you here. I couldnt be more excited about going back into cooking professionally, and they laid out some oppurtunities for me to move up in the industry. I am sure I will learn countless techniques and recipes, some of which I will share and I should be able to help others in more areas than ever before.

Cheers :chef:
Mikey,
I've been to chiangs in Sacramento and just love it..The food is really good. I know it's a chain, but if all chains were as this one is, it would be heaven..Good luck..I'm happy for you.
kadesma

There is one here on the East Coast which I am working it, it is most excellent food and a great interior. Its always JUMPING at night, even in the weekdays. Oh man is it good though, I swore off working at chains, but these places are good enough to stand on their own IMO. I cant wait to start on monday.

You go, guy! It's wonderful to have a job you love. That's why I ran a greenhouse for 22 years. I didn't make much actual money, but I was a great income tax deduction, and we got a lot of perks, like plants and landscaping materials for our home.

But you WILL make money! Lucky you!

Congratulations :) There's one not too far away from me, but I've never eaten there because there is always at least an hour wait. Maybe I'll get in there one day.

Congrats!!! We have a P.F. Changs here and it's great. Also, my friend's nephew is a chef with them and opened one of their new locations in Hawaii last year. He had many stories about what a great company it is to work for. I think you'll love it!

I am a retired exec chef and disabled and wish I was able to still get in the kitchen and mix it up so my fellow professional go for it and enjoy every minute. keep your eyes open and watch the head cook/chef learn by watching. Do not be afriad to ask all of the questions you have thats how I learned a lot of my skills good luck

If nothing else, you'll learn how to be fast and organized, and how to manage your time from working at P.F. Chang's. The Honolulu location is slammed almost every night and it's the same at every one that I've seen.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom