"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu

Old 06-18-2006, 01:22 PM   #1
Chef Extraordinaire

Dad's Day Are plans for dinner underway? 6/18

Are your dad's day dinner plans underway? Our breakfast turned out great, peace and quiet and just the 2 of us. BUT, someone was ill so DH was asked to fill in for them so he is working til 5 today. That gives me a lot more time to make some things he enjoys for dinner.
I have a veggie,egg, onion,garlic,marjoram, cheese torta,mushrooms stuffed with the mushroom stems,parsley,marjoram,thyme,pancetta,salt and pepper,shallots and garlic. when about done I added some balsamic and let that cook out, added currants and pine nuts, In the hollowed out mushrooms I've put small cubes of asiago cheese and will fill with the cooked stuffing later. There is a pork tenderloin and sauteed apples in butter and brown sugar, orzo, with sauteed onions,more mushrooms,garlic,parsley, the eggplant with the evoo,garlic and basil, cold melon with prosciutto,tossed green salad, and warm buttered parmesan bread. I made a chocolate chip ice cream pie, a chocolate pie, and a banana cream pie...
What are you planning? Happy Fathers Day to all of you.

kadesma

Old 06-18-2006, 01:31 PM   #2
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via AIM to pdswife Send a message via MSN to pdswife Send a message via Yahoo to pdswife
Dad wants to eat in the fancy dinning room on the boat today. NO cooking for me!!!! I love to cook but this week is going to be a great break from kitchen duties.

Happy Dad's day everyone!!

Old 06-18-2006, 01:35 PM   #3
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdswife
Dad wants to eat in the fancy dinning room on the boat today. NO cooking for me!!!! I love to cook but this week is going to be a great break from kitchen duties.

Happy Dad's day everyone!!
As much as I enjoy cooking, a break now and then is wonderful. Have a wonderful time, you lucky girl you. I have to wait til dec. before we go on our cruise...Phooey

kadesma
Old 06-18-2006, 01:54 PM   #4
Chef Extraordinaire

kadesma, we are having pork tenderloin too. I wanted to use Erik's marinade (Honey Balsamic Pork Tenderloin), but didn't take the meat out soon enough to thaw, so we will just cook it on the grill. I may think me up a different rub to use.

Making HH's favorite blueberry cobbler for dessert (peach cobbler for me and daughter).

Haven't thought up the sides yet.
Old 06-18-2006, 02:16 PM   #5
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by mudbug
kadesma, we are having pork tenderloin too. I wanted to use Erik's marinade (Honey Balsamic Pork Tenderloin), but didn't take the meat out soon enough to thaw, so we will just cook it on the grill. I may think me up a different rub to use.

Making HH's favorite blueberry cobbler for dessert (peach cobbler for me and daughter).

Haven't thought up the sides yet.
Sounds yummy, MB, I've only grilled a tenderloin once, will have to do it again, I really enjoyed it grilled.Maybe I'll do that today, I can still serve it with the sauteed apples after slicing it up..Humm, yep, I think I'll grill

kadesma
Old 06-18-2006, 02:16 PM   #6
Executive Chef

All dh wants for dinner on this Dad day is broccoli rice casserole and mashed potatoes. I'll be throwing in bacon bits, cheese, sour cream & scallions into the mashed potatoes. For dessert, ice cream cake. We got one last night from Cold Stone for my bday but it was soo late when we got home, we just went to bed.
Old 06-18-2006, 02:16 PM   #7
Master Chef

It's just my husband & me, & he requested a pile of home-made spicy-hot "buffalo" wings, so that's what he's getting.
Old 06-18-2006, 02:52 PM   #8
Chef Extraordinaire

kadesma, this one of iron chef's Grilled Jamaican Spiced Pork Chops looks really good too.

thanks to whoever cleaned up my link above - could you do the same for this one?
Old 06-18-2006, 03:28 PM   #9
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by mudbug
kadesma, this one of iron chef's Grilled Jamaican Spiced Pork Chops looks really good too.

thanks to whoever cleaned up my link above - could you do the same for this one?
It sure does, look good. I made a copy and will try it next time we have pork tenderloin.I had mine already rubbed and wrapped with bacon,I'm thinking of removing the bacon before I grill this beauty, last thing I need is it to go up in bacon grease flames Thanks MB

kadesma
Old 06-18-2006, 04:33 PM   #10
Master Chef

Both of my parents have to work today and my brother is in Las Vegas, so we are going to just have a low key dinner. My mom is bringing home pizza on her way home from work. Which is OK by me, nobody has to cook and we get to spend time together. Although Mom and I will be making a green salad to have with the pizza.

Happy Father's Day to all the wonderful dads out there!!

Kadesma, pork tenderloin on the grill is wonderful. I prefer cooking it on the grill to any other method.

Theodore Roosevelt
26th president of US (1858 - 1919)
SierraCook is offline   Reply With Quote