"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu

Old 03-31-2010, 01:37 PM   #1101
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

2 slices of leftover pizza.

Old 04-02-2010, 07:21 AM   #1102
Sous Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
I think I had a brain fart, you are talking about weighting it after you have cooked one side, correct? I had the image of weighting it while still soggy on the top when I posted before. Brain farts are not unusual in my neck of the woods.
No brain fart, that's exactly what I had in mind. I had a chance to try it this morning and it worked pretty well. The biggest thing I noticed was that this method is a lot less tolerant of unevenly sliced bread.

Griddle & Skillet vs. Griddler

Old 04-02-2010, 08:29 AM   #1103
Sous Chef

Yes, I did. But, only yogurt, to make up for yesterdays incredible calorie intake. It was the 10 year anniversary of our first date, so we were celebrating.
Old 04-02-2010, 08:33 AM   #1104
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jet View Post
No brain fart, that's exactly what I had in mind. I had a chance to try it this morning and it worked pretty well. The biggest thing I noticed was that this method is a lot less tolerant of unevenly sliced bread.

Griddle & Skillet vs. Griddler
Read your review of the Griddler and it seems you have had no luck with it, at all. I have had great results with steaks, paninis and breakfast foods. I've used all settings and both sets of plates. Cleaning is no problem either. I have zero counter space and set it up on top of the stove or beside the sink (18 inch wide counter there).

Here's hoping you have luck finding the best way to cook French Toast for yourself.
Old 04-02-2010, 05:18 PM   #1105
Sous Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
Read your review of the Griddler and it seems you have had no luck with it, at all. I have had great results with steaks, paninis and breakfast foods. I've used all settings and both sets of plates. Cleaning is no problem either. I have zero counter space and set it up on top of the stove or beside the sink (18 inch wide counter there).

Here's hoping you have luck finding the best way to cook French Toast for yourself.
When it comes to the Griddler, I seem to be the sole naysayer. It's been discussed on this site and most everyone else is happy with theirs.
Old 04-02-2010, 05:38 PM   #1106
Assistant Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mel! View Post
Yes, I did. But, only yogurt, to make up for yesterdays incredible calorie intake. It was the 10 year anniversary of our first date, so we were celebrating.
Congrats!

Our 10 year anniversary of our first date and 7 year wedding anniversary are just 4 months away.
Old 04-02-2010, 10:00 PM   #1107
Cook

I had 3 pcs fried tofu, one fried egg, over medium, some rice and some leftover spicy spinach salad. And a bowl of strawberry fields cereal...
Old 04-03-2010, 09:57 AM   #1108
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

An almond poppy seed muffin...the dayshift nurse's aide brought them in and I couldn't resist.
Old 04-04-2010, 08:30 AM   #1109
Master Chef

Site Moderator

I surprised my Mom and my Aunt with home made buttermilk biscuits for breakfast this morning. As I was washing up the dishes they were talking and all I heard my Mom say to my Aunt was, " I don't know, I never taught him to make biscuits from scratch....I use Bisquick"
Old 04-04-2010, 10:30 AM   #1110
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveSoMD View Post
I surprised my Mom and my Aunt with home made buttermilk biscuits for breakfast this morning. As I was washing up the dishes they were talking and all I heard my Mom say to my Aunt was, " I don't know, I never taught him to make biscuits from scratch....I use Bisquick"
ROFL! I've heard comments like that, too. Growing up it was baked chicken, spaghetti and mac n cheese or tuna casserole. I'm the food adventurer in my family.

Breakfast this morning was a chocolate bunny, given to me by a patient, and a handful of Jelly Bellys.