Did anyone eat breakfast today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yeah, when I feed the starter I have to discard part of it. I have kept some of it to make pancakes with it. Ol' Grumpy is kicking along nicely.

Last edited:
Today I had three slices of cold pizza and a bottle of beer (Erdinger Kristallklar) for breakfast. At about lunchtime.

I should write a book about healthy eating. :chef:

Frittata

Veggie Microwave Frittata- good for health

1. In a microwave-safe 1-quart casserole dish, combine potatoes, carrot, onion, parsley, and oil. Cover and microwave on HIGH for 3 minutes, stirring after 90 seconds. Add salt and pepper, if desired.
  2. In mixing bowl, combine eggs, egg substitute, milk, mustard, and hot pepper sauce by beating on medium speed for a minute or two. Pour egg mixture into casserole dish and stir to combine with potato mixture.
  3. Cover dish (waxed paper will work) and microwave on HIGH for 2 minutes. Draw cooked egg toward the middle of dish and the liquid egg toward the edges and microwave on HIGH for 2 minutes more. Sprinkle cheese on top, and microwave until cheese is melted (about 30 seconds more). Let stand a few minutes before serving.
Will get you 280 Cals per serving

Breakfast burritos again! I recently got a bottle of Sriracha chili sauce for Asian dishes so I thought I would try that on the burritos instead of salsa. Well, after I squeezed a 3/8" bead of sauce onto each one I thought it looked like too much. After all I only used about 1 tsp in a 2 cup batch of sauce for sesame chicken! It will certainly clear your sinuses though! And my coffee has enough creamer in it that the dairy was able to relieve some of the heat.

I sauteed sliced mushrooms and onion in a bit of butter and basil oil. Stirred in some 1/2&1/2 and dried rosemary, salt & pepper. When it started bubbling I stirred in about 4 ounces of cream cheese and set this aside. Made a two egg omelet cooked with basil oil, spooned the mushroom mixture down the middle and folded it onto my plate, drizzled a bit more mushroom mix on top and devoured it. Quite tasty!:chef:

I had four maple sausages, 3 hard fried eggs,
1/2 a can of cherry crush soda (yum!)
and a few bbq lays crisps from the staxx can.
Yes, I was piggish :pig:
But, I skipped dinner last night.

French Toast on the Griddler again. This time I used non-stick spray in a vain attempt to keep it from sticking. :mad: I've always avoided non-stick spray because it makes the difficult clean-up even worse.

Looks like I'll be trying to adapt my recipe to a stove-top griddle.

Hi folks. Sorry I haven't been around for about a week. All I had this morning was some cheese popcorn. It was too early. Mark had to work really early this morning and took two bagels with cream cheese with him.

Back
Top Bottom