"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu

Old 01-10-2016, 08:56 PM   #11
Head Chef

Dinner 1-10-2016 ~ Sunday suppers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawgluver View Post
Jewish penicillin will hopefully do the trick, S&P! Nice pic.

We had a "medium" (huge) tub of movie popcorn with fake butter, so we're good for now. We can root for leftovers if we get hungry later, which I doubt.

You're a funny girl Dawg

Old 01-10-2016, 09:25 PM   #12
Chef Extraordinaire

I warmed up the leftover stuffed shells and made toasted Italian bread with Penzey's Fox Point seasoning. I also simmered frozen French-cut green beans with chicken stock and more Fox Point.

I love that stuff. When I don't feel like cutting up onions, garlic and parsley, it's a perfect substitute. I need to get some more.

Old 01-10-2016, 10:21 PM   #13
Senior Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayelle View Post
We're having pan fried thick loin lamb chops, steamed broccoli with cheese sauce, a baked spud for the SC, and buttered sauteed mushrooms with green onions thanks to inspiration from Cheryl.
Killer dinner tonight! the mushrooms were great, and the lamb chops out of sight, especially with the English Mint Sauce,
I felt sorry for my late mom, cooking for my dad, whose idea of haute cuisine was well done roast beef and canned french cut green beans
Old 01-10-2016, 10:31 PM   #14
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
We were going to buy a new kitchen faucet today, but the store is closed on Sundays. So, we ordered out. Stirling got a pizza and I got a souvlaki platter.

The hot tap in my kitchen faucet isn't working. I am not cooking and washing dishes in a sink with that doesn't have hot water since my dishwasher attaches to the faucet. It would take too many spoons. I would rather order out than have a pile of dirty dishes run out of clean dishes.
Old 01-11-2016, 02:19 AM   #15
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotGarlic View Post
...Penzey's Fox Point.

I love that stuff. When I don't feel like cutting up onions, garlic and parsley, it's a perfect substitute. I need to get some more.
If that is all you're ordering and will end up paying shipping, you might want to consider The Spice House's "Lake Shore Drive Seasoning". That's what I have at home and love it. The Spice House entry states that the blend was known as Fox Point at the original Milwaukee location. *wink-wink* The price difference is considerable, btw.

s&p, I hope your cold goes away soon. You could have had a bowl of my chili tonight. Himself said it burned out all his germs and cleared up his sinuses! Guess I over-seasoned...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2016-01-10 20.24.27.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	65.0 KB
ID:	24142  
Old 01-11-2016, 05:53 AM   #16
Head Chef

We used a recipe for a "quickie" picadillo from a Bon Appetit recipe from a magazine a month or 2 ago. It was supposed to be used in puffy tacos but we didn't want to use up (basically waste) the amount of oil it would take to make the tacos so just cut up the tortillas and made chips. The picadillo was okay made as directed but had to add a bit more chili powder and added some cumin to make it better. Had chopped tomatoes, shredded lettuce, grated sharp cheddar cheese, cilantro and guacamole as garnishes.

We picked up a 4.75 +/- pound piece of pork belly when we went shopping Saturday. Craig decided to use about 2.5 pounds of it and make some bacon. So he started curing that yesterday. I started marinating some Korean-style pork belly with gochujang and gochugaru, along with some sesame oil, soy sauce, garlic, green onions and a couple of other ingredients. We are going to get a pork tenderloin and use a third part of it for porchetta in the future and there's a small little end piece that's too thin for much of anything and is pretty much just fat so we'll use that for future sausage making.
Old 01-11-2016, 07:36 AM   #17
Head Chef

Oops, I was just informed I was a bit off in my weight on the pork belly. Guess mind wasn't quite functioning yet as the 2 pieces currently being cured/marinated total over 5 pounds. It was more like 10-11 pounds.
Old 01-11-2016, 09:44 AM   #18
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooking Goddess View Post
If that is all you're ordering and will end up paying shipping, you might want to consider The Spice House's "Lake Shore Drive Seasoning". That's what I have at home and love it. The Spice House entry states that the blend was known as Fox Point at the original Milwaukee location. *wink-wink* The price difference is considerable, btw.
No, I never pay for shipping Thanks for the suggestion but I ordered it last night. They were having a promotion for a free jar of Turkish oregano that ended at midnight. Not that I need it, since I have it in the garden; I'll give it to a friend of mine. I also got ground cumin and shallots.

Tags
dinner, supper