"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu
Old 11-14-2006, 05:15 PM   #11
Master Chef
We're having Crock-pot Sweet and Sour Chicken, except I'm cooking it in the oven.
I'll serve it with some kind of rice...probably instant.

We get by with a little help from our friends
Constance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 06:08 PM   #12
Chef Extraordinaire
Send a message via MSN to kitchenelf
I've never made this and have not looked up a recipe so if I'm doing it wrong don't anyone tell me - it's too late!

I sauteed some leeks and portobello mushrooms, floured/seasoned cut up chuck roast and browned, put all back in the pressure cooker and covered with stout beer - then it will be mashed potatoes and a wedge of iceberg lettuce with bacon, chives, and homemade blue cheese dressing.

(But if anyone has some tips for this for future reference it sure would be appreciated. I expect the stout will turn fairly sweet. All in all it can't be bad, can it????) I figure I'll pressure cook it for 45 minutes and see how the beef is and cook more if necessary.

Everyone's meals sound sooooo good!!!! But they always do.

"Count yourself...you ain't so many" - quote from Buck's Daddy
kitchenelf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 06:45 PM   #13
OK, this was an interesting dinner prep. I screwed up six ways from Sunday.

The brandied chicken was going just fine until I reached into the liquor cabinet for the brandy...yep you guessed it. NONE THERE! Swearing a blue streak I decided to toss some rum and port on the chicken to flame it. Ya ya ya, I can hear you all gagging. I'll let you know how it tastes later. I wasn't about to go out and get brandy with the piles of snow we've got right now. The news was awash with the huge pile ups we've had yesterday and today. Sigh. So, chicken went in the oven and I was about to finish the shrimp bisque that was to be our starter. *Forehead slap* I dumped ALL of the cream into the brandied chicken sauce instead of saving half of it for the bisque!!!! ARGH!!! I just have to laugh at myself. So, no bisque tonight. It will be just the chicken, some steamed yellow beans, pasta and a salad. And a BIG glass of wine!
You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it. Robin Williams
Alix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 07:33 PM   #14
Head Chef
I am fixing PA Baker's parmesan garlic chicken with cheese bow tie pasta and surgar snap peas.
Go Sooners
abjcooking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 08:50 PM   #15
Sous Chef
OK - I confess - Had someone else do the cooking - Eggplant Parm - Not so good.....

"There are many things in life that will catch your eye - but only a few things will catch your heart. Pursue those!"
Reanie525i is offline   Reply With Quote