"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu

Old 01-26-2006, 09:26 PM   #21
Head Chef

Left over creamy chicken soup

Old 01-26-2006, 11:08 PM   #22
Master Chef

Leftover black bean and corn salad with a garlic sausage on a sourdough roll with onion slicesl, wasabi mayo and dijon mustard.

Theodore Roosevelt
26th president of US (1858 - 1919)
SierraCook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2006, 12:48 AM   #23
Chef Extraordinaire

i had a business meeting today in the city at noon, so after pulling a midnight to 8am shift, then going home, sleeping for 2 hours and flying back into the city, i was starved late in the afternoon, so i had lupper (like brunch is breakfast/lunch). i stopped off at rutt's hut in clifton nj http://www.hollyeats.com/RuttHut.htm, and got 3 rippers (hot dogs deep fried until the skin rips), with spicy brown mustard, their homemade relish, and i topped them with chilli. i brought fish and chips home for dw, and we shared the chips and a cucumber salad. man, it was good, but it sat in my stomach like a rock.
dw made shrimp fra diavolo over whole wheat pasta for our usual 10pm dinner, but i passed on it. now i'm hungry again, at almost 1am, so i think i'll go out for something. i'm craving buffalo wings, but i had enough crap for today. maybe a lamb or ostrich boiguh.

Meh nom eh noh...doot dooooo do do do.
buckytom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2006, 06:36 AM   #24
Executive Chef

Send a message via MSN to urmaniac13 Send a message via Skype™ to urmaniac13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piccolina
Yum, it's hard to go wrong with apples Have you ever made "Chicken Normandy" for Cris? If he likes apples and pork he may really like that dish, it's soooo good during the cold months (BTW, you can leave out the booze and it still tastes just as good).

Did you mean chicken, instead of pork there? This recipe sounds really good something we would definetely like to try... though I would use just s&p instead of that "essence" (too much emeril!!)... Actually we were also thinking about some experiment with a combination of pork and apples, Cris does like pork a lot, and it goes so well with fruity flavour...(we have used pineapples, mangoes, peaches and apricots, they are always delicious with pork!!) Apples are soooo versatile and great with so many things, sweet or savoury, not to mention just snacking on as they are... Having too many apples in the household is one problem I don't mind having so much!!
Old 01-27-2006, 01:06 PM   #25
Executive Chef

Send a message via AIM to Piccolina Send a message via MSN to Piccolina Send a message via Yahoo to Piccolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by urmaniac13
Did you mean chicken, instead of pork there? This recipe sounds really good something we would definetely like to try... though I would use just s&p instead of that "essence" (too much emeril!!)... Actually we were also thinking about some experiment with a combination of pork and apples, Cris does like pork a lot, and it goes so well with fruity flavour...(we have used pineapples, mangoes, peaches and apricots, they are always delicious with pork!!) Apples are soooo versatile and great with so many things, sweet or savoury, not to mention just snacking on as they are... Having too many apples in the household is one problem I don't mind having so much!!
LOL, sorry I should have said "bacon" not pork as the recipe usually calls for bacon (my bad!). I've actually seen this recipe done with cubes of pork too, but haven't tried it yet - hope to one day.

"The most indispensable ingredient of all good home cooking: love, for those you are cooking for" ~ Sophia Loren
Piccolina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2006, 01:59 PM   #26
Executive Chef

Send a message via Yahoo to Michelemarie
I made a pot of beef barley soup with some crusty bread from the italian deli. Better than that though, was dessert, fresh italian pastry-yum!
Old 01-27-2006, 05:21 PM   #27
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDog
Schwan's typically doesn't have a lot to write home about though
Big Dog, is Schwan's the outfit that delivers food to your house in what looks like an ice cream truck?

I see those trucks around my neighborhood occasionally, but have never tried their stuff. At first I thought all they sold was ice cream.