"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu

Old 09-15-2006, 10:55 PM   #21
Everymom

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeraBlue
Alix, I'd be happy to share the cake recipe with you and anyone else who is interested in trying it. I've still got to make the glaze for it...heavy cream, 10X and more bourbon.

I don't see why you cannot use whiskey. I'm a believer in drink (and cook with) what you like.

I've got to jump into the shower before my boyfriend gets here so I'll post it shortly....in the cake section.
WAHOO!! I'm waiting anxiously for it! Ken is going to kill me for doing more baking but I'm in the zone. This week has seen banana bread, shortbread, and I had to toss out some reeses bars and some vanilla pound cake cuz no one was eating it.

Old 09-15-2006, 11:22 PM   #22
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via AIM to pdswife Send a message via MSN to pdswife Send a message via Yahoo to pdswife
Paul just called and told me to order pizza.

well...ok, boss man...that's what I'll do!

Old 09-16-2006, 12:14 AM   #23
Executive Chef

So far, I've had a big cookie. Thought I'd get some nice time alone tonight to enjoy a book or some kind of relaxation. Over an hour was spent trying to get Callum to sleep before I threw in the towel and nursed him. The house is a disaster + 4 loads of laundry to fold. I want some food (a clean house with a wiggle of the nose would be nice too). One of those nights, I suppose.
Old 09-16-2006, 12:35 AM   #24
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by corazon90
So far, I've had a big cookie. Thought I'd get some nice time alone tonight to enjoy a book or some kind of relaxation. Over an hour was spent trying to get Callum to sleep before I threw in the towel and nursed him. The house is a disaster + 4 loads of laundry to fold. I want some food (a clean house with a wiggle of the nose would be nice too). One of those nights, I suppose.
Ahh Cora, I know, I had one of those too. Ethan came in crying cuz mommie didn't dress him, he wanted his jammies, then off came the shirt and no amount of talking could get him into it and it was cold, so I ended up holding him in one arm as I made french toast with a blanket draped around him, for Ethan, being in my arms or on my lap was all he wanted today other than eating and lemonade (sugar free) Carson poor baby still had a temp so once I got Ethan settled in I had Carson on the other part of my lap, the three of us looked like a Ma sandwich, Olivia, was teething and cranky, she took out her ornriness by sleeping a good bit, then roaring when she woke up...How I got dinner done is beyond me but I did.
But at least it's quiet now and I can just kick back. You are MOMMY and they need you. You get tired, but at least your boys know, they have a safe and loving haven to come to..One of these days, you will be looking UP at them..enjoy all the holding of tiny little bodies now, it's the best.
Wish I could lend you a hand The house will still be there in 20 years,those beautiful boys will be up and running by then, then you can clean...And remember how sweet this time really was...
kadesma
Old 09-16-2006, 12:54 AM   #25
Master Chef

i was kinda tipsy & ingredients were slim 'pickins cause i'm not great at dinner when i've overimbibed. jake got his gnocchi & garlic bread. improvised plenty cause we lost half our ingredients. i wasn't hungry for dinner so i'll drink a can of boost or 'somethin later.
Old 09-16-2006, 06:32 AM   #26
Master Chef

Send a message via Yahoo to Barb L.
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeraBlue
I'm making two pizzas - one your average run of the mill regular. The other will have shrimp, crab, & clams. I'm also making mussles in wine, butter and garlic, and also stuffed zucchini.

I made a bourbon pecan pound cake with bourbon glaze for dessert.

It's definitely a 'dark and stormy' night here. The gossling is already calling me.

I'm making apple waffles for breakfast, with sauteed royal gala apples and walnuts drizzled on top. I've got heavy cream for whipping, too...
Could you post your seafood pizza recipe- sounds soooo good ! Thanks, Barb
Old 09-16-2006, 09:04 AM   #27
Executive Chef

Send a message via MSN to kimbaby Send a message via Yahoo to kimbaby
we had taco bell last night...
Old 09-16-2006, 09:50 AM   #28
Master Chef

Send a message via MSN to crewsk
Last night my ground beef turned into a chili mac stuff. I made chili with out beans, used corn instead, added cooked spiral pasta & topped with cheese. Hubby & the kids loved it but my nose was so stopped up that I couldn't taste it. I'll have some for lunch today since I can breathe to see how it was.