Dinner 9/24

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pbnjgourmet

Assistant Cook
I am making teriyaki chicken with grilled pineapple and steamed broccoli!! Delicious and low carb!

What is everyone else making?

Well, if we go out shopping as planned today it may be a late lunch/early dinner out. Lots of places to choose from so I won't know until later. I'll let you all know later.

If we don't go out it will be just pasta and salad. (So I am hoping we go out)

Well, if we go out shopping as planned today it may be a late lunch/early dinner out. Lots of places to choose from so I won't know until later. I'll let you all know later.

If we don't go out it will be just pasta and salad. (So I am hoping we go out)

Looks like it will be pasta tonight. I have some basil and oregano in the garden so I may just infuse some olive oil with garlic, and use that as the sauce and top with the fresh herbs and parmesian cheese.

Chicken cutlets (dredged in seasoned flour or breaded then fried) with a lemon sauce/gravy, acorn squash and sweet potato or Red & Yukon potato (baked or mashed) and tossed salad. But things can change.

It will probably be left overs for us tonight. Either Thai food or stir fry beef, mushrooms and peppers over rice. I guess my husband will let me know which he prefers when he gets home! :rolleyes:

Oxtail and barley soup with sourdough rolls.
I think we are coming to your house for dinner!

Do you remember way back in the "old days," when oxtails were super cheap? And then someone with money dared to try them and found out they were good, so they suddenly became a gourmet item and the prices skyrocketed?

:)Barbara

I think we are coming to your house for dinner!

Do you remember way back in the "old days," when oxtails were super cheap? And then someone with money dared to try them and found out they were good, so they suddenly became a gourmet item and the prices skyrocketed?

No kidding, they were $4.99 a pound! And I had a hard time finding them, they were in the freezer case, which means they don't sell much...so why so expensive?

I just put the barley in and it smells heavenly! Shrek is already chomping at the bit, "When will it be done?" Once it's done I will divide it in half and add diced tomatoes to mine. Shrek doesn't like cooked tomato chunk in his soup.

Chicken Quesadillas, sour cream, salsa, and fried rice selling.jpg

No kidding, they were $4.99 a pound! And I had a hard time finding them, they were in the freezer case, which means they don't sell much...so why so expensive?

I just put the barley in and it smells heavenly! Shrek is already chomping at the bit, "When will it be done?" Once it's done I will divide it in half and add diced tomatoes to mine. Shrek doesn't like cooked tomato chunk in his soup.
I hope you made a big batch--it's always even better the next day!

Dinner was postponed till tomorrow. LOL Well actually home cooked dinner is postponed till tomorrow. Everyone wanted to order chinese. I went out for 2 hours and the car A/C isn't working properly (its blowing warm air, it was 90F outside and the temp in the car was around 100F. It was cooler outside when I got out of the car!) by the time I got home I felt so sick from the heat (and there was a lot of traffic I actually made myself car sick from the stop and go) I didn't argue. I will probably have a green salad or tomato salad later.

Back
Top Bottom