Dinner for SB Eve. Sat 2/3/18

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kayelle

Chef Extraordinaire
We have leftover rare Rib Eye steak from last night. :yum:

I'll be doing Torta's with red sliced onions/jalapeno slices avocado and home grown tomato with lots of cilantro. The rare sliced steak will be sprinkled with Tajin.

What's going on at your place?

I'm defrosting a NY strip steak that I will reverse sear tonight. I also plan mashed potatoes and some veggie or other.

Cold day so, roasted a whole chicken in the CI dutch oven... Nicely warmed the house...
Pilaf and salad went well with it...

Ross

Everything sounds ONO (that's delicious in Hawaiian) ~ EXCEPT for CWS pulling a hamstring :ohmy:

We had another beautiful day and spent most of it out back, sitting in the Sun, soaking up our daily Vitamin D :rolleyes:
So, it's entree salads here in the middle of the desert:
Chef Salad for DH
and Calamari/Over a bed of Greens for Moi

The forum is pretty slow in participation, tonight. What's up with that?

I had a bone-in pork loin chop tonight, sous vide and seared with the Searzall.

My sous chef, Green Giant made a tasty cheesy rice and broccoli to serve my chop on. ;)

Two pictures, one of the finished dish, still hot when I ate it, and another for K-Girl -- a picture of a lens cap on a plate. That was my setup test shot. The lens cap was there for a focus target. I don't usually keep those shots, but did it for "educational" purposes tonight. I did the setup and test shot while the chop was in the water bath.

CD

Attachments

• P-Chop-001.jpg
    P-Chop-001.jpg
    161.2 KB · Views: 150
  • P-Chop-Test.jpg
    P-Chop-Test.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 115
Last edited:
Aren't digital cameras great, cd? You couldn't do that sort of thing back in the days of fillum (as my Dad would say). Himself and I did wedding pictures as a gift to friends of ours decades ago. They were keeping their party costs down, so we offered to do pictures as our gift. I got all of the ducks in a row and made sure everyone was just right while Himself would set up the framing, etc. Then we'd both cross fingers as he took the picture, hoping for the best. He said it was so much easier with two of us doing it, compared to when he had to wrangle people and shoot pics for the weddings he did for friends back in college days.

Pulled my hamstring, again...
Ouch! No fun - been there, done that. Hope it heals quickly, CW.

We had leftovers, too. The veggies from last night along with the smothered chicken from a couple days ago. I managed to tweak my hip while walking up the steps...:rolleyes:

Casey
, I hope low participation doesn't mean lots of members hurt themselves tonight...:ermm: :ohmy:

Aren't digital cameras great, cd? You couldn't do that sort of thing back in the days of fillum (as my Dad would say). Himself and I did wedding pictures as a gift to friends of ours decades ago. They were keeping their party costs down, so we offered to do pictures as our gift. I got all of the ducks in a row and made sure everyone was just right while Himself would set up the framing, etc. Then we'd both cross fingers as he took the picture, hoping for the best. He said it was so much easier with two of us doing it, compared to when he had to wrangle people and shoot pics for the weddings he did for friends back in college days.

Ouch! No fun - been there, done that. Hope it heals quickly, CW.

We had leftovers, too. The veggies from last night along with the smothered chicken from a couple days ago. I managed to tweak my hip while walking up the steps...:rolleyes:

Casey
, I hope low participation doesn't mean lots of members hurt themselves tonight...:ermm: :ohmy:

Girl, whenever I hear someone wax nostalgic for the film days, I know they are NOT working professionals. Digital is not only easier, but if you have the right gear and knowledge, much better. I can do things with my digital photography in an hour that I couldn't do in a darkroom in days -- if at all.

I have photographed ONE wedding, for a friend. I was a nervous wreck. Wedding photography is a very specialized niche. One that is not for me.

I hope nobody else pulled a hammy, or tweaked a hip. I'm thinking people are just busy with other things this weekend.

CD

So in the start of the month I went through my old cookbooks just to see if I could find something interesting and/or yummy. Sure I could do a lovely meal of fried herring, potatoes, herring gravy, chocolate soup, cheese sandwiches and sweet beer( yes this menu is from feed 10 working men book from 1910) but I dont like herring.

So I went for another book, a party menu book from the 1960. Now this book promised a more international cuisine, something to impress your guest with. I be honest I only made main and here it is.
Tadaa!! American Chicken dinner, I added the salsa because only sour cream felt bit boring...
27337242_617491415248938_8195458229385875863_n.jpg

Last edited:
I made shrimp tacos last night. I was sure I had more panko bread crumbs, but I couldn't find them, so I just made a batter. They were pretty good and the sauce was delicious - sour cream, sweet Thai chili sauce and hot sauce. I also added some cilantro.

I made pineapple-tomato-avocado salsa to go with it.

I really would love to have a couple of lobster rolls right now. But wrong time of year. Lobsters are just too high right now.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom