Thursday dinner, November 2, 2023

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

medtran49

Master Chef
Steak tortas with roasted red bell spread, plus avocado and pickled onions on homemade Telera rolls. Refried black beans as a side. Everything but the avo and the rolls was leftover or previously made so not that much work.

20231102_180608.jpg

I make a recipe for Cajun Shrimp in Cream Sauce that we both like a lot. It occurred to me that it could be possible this dish would taste good with andouille instead of shrimp. I made it tonight with the sausage in place of shrimp. It wasn't as good as I had hoped. SO didn't care for it at all.

I make a recipe for Cajun Shrimp in Cream Sauce that we both like a lot. It occurred to me that it could be possible this dish would taste good with andouille instead of shrimp. I made it tonight with the sausage in place of shrimp. It wasn't as good as I had hoped. SO didn't care for it at all.
Try it with both and see if you like it. We make gumbo with both.

Linner:
Had a large bowl of the homemade cabbage soup - very fresh tasting but meh :( Think that was the last one in the freezer (hope). Also added a bunch of won tons out of the freezer, made it a bit more dragn friendly.

Later, watching tv - roasted a potato in wedges.

I really like the Blue Dragon cooking sauces. But, their Broccoli Beef Stir Fry Sauce was far too sweet for us, me especially. Also, the instructions were for far too little broccoli. I made that and a mung bean sprout stir fry. I tweaked the recipe I used last time and it was really good. There was an oops while making it. I thought I was shaking the last of the oyster sauce out of the bottle, so I shook it hard and a big bloop came out. It wasn't oyster sauce. It was the sesame oil, but it was till delicious. There was also brown basmati rice.
Beef and broccoli, bean sprout stir fry, and brown basmati rice.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom