Dinner Friday, 2-21-2014 ~ Would your dinner win a gold medal?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cooking Goddess

Chef Extraordinaire
I don't know if my meal would get a medal, but I know our taste buds will be victorious. I'm making seared scallops with bacon and Brussels sprouts (cute ones, just for Kayelle and Dawg ;) ). We'll use up rice from earlier in the week. And I'll make kinda bruschetta to go with the salad. This IS all conditional on the idea that we don't lose electrical power tonight. :ermm: We should be OK. The storms have already moved past.

Anyone else have plans?

I don't know if my meal would get a medal, but I know our taste buds will be victorious. I'm making seared scallops with bacon and Brussels sprouts (cute ones, just for Kayelle and Dawg ;) ). We'll use up rice from earlier in the week. And I'll make kinda bruschetta to go with the salad. This IS all conditional on the idea that we don't lose electrical power tonight. :ermm: We should be OK. The storms have already moved past.

Anyone else have plans?
Sounds tasty. And yeah, it's kinda hard to cook if the stove doesn't work.

Stirling's off GM-ing a game, so I'm on my own for supper. If I get energetic, it will be beef and barley soup. If not, I'll scrounge.

Fried oysrer sand w/homemade rolls
39817-albums933-picture5846.jpg

That sounds tasty, CG.
I just picked up my whole dinner in the grocery store and let my tastebuds do choosing. I picked up some broccoli, then potatoes (which I was out of), then saw some gorgeous beef marrow bones that made it into my basket... then went back for some French bread... and the main course will be snow crab legs.

I don't feel like getting cleaned up to go out, so it may be salads, maybe seared scallops if I can find some (without brussels sprouts, cute or not, CG! ;) )

Nice looking oyster sammy, S&P.

Sounds tasty. And yeah, it's kinda hard to cook if the stove doesn't work...

That sounds tasty, CG.
I just picked up my whole dinner in the grocery store and let my tastebuds do choosing. I picked up some broccoli, then potatoes (which I was out of), then saw some gorgeous beef marrow bones that made it into my basket... then went back for some French bread... and the main course will be snow crab legs.
I think we're safe taxy. There was an explosion (no one hurt) in close to Boston. Our guess is that the power company did some immediate transformer and supply station flipping to prevent power outages. :)

pac, you like my dinner because it includes bacon. :-p You got the marrow bones so you could try out your new marrow spoon, didn't ya?

I'm blowing my diet and ordering a pizza. I'll try and mitigate the damage by eating a large salad first. =0/

I did, CG.
The new spoon was all washed and in the drawer just looking at me everytime I reached for a fork.
No capers. Had to substitute some jarred artichoke hearts I had for a little added flavor to the parsley salad. Bummer. Should be OK, but I can't believe I used my spare jar of capers already.

Off to look at LMB's link. That looks like something I could fall in love with.

I became pacanis tonight and made wings! I get them frozen and already seasoned so it was just dump them in the oven and bake. Salads rounded out the meal. I was originally going to make corn pudding but that kind of didn't happen.

Lazy Friday night bowtie pasta with some meatballs and marinara. Did a few add-ins like some fresh tomatoes and basil...but I haven't even the energy for a salad. Gonna carb-out.

Fried rice. I bought bacon the other day. Leftover grilled chicken made the one nice day earlier this week. Fresh pineapple, onion, scallion, a few chopped broccoli fleurs, grated ginger. Forgot to add frozen peas at the end. Good enough to repeat, and luckily it makes enough for tomorrow too.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom