Dinner Friday 24th May 2013

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It is just 9 pm Thursday here, but I already know I will be making pork chops stuffed with spinach and goat cheese, served with roasted potatoes and salad. :)

Kylie, your meal sounds wonderful!

Thank you Laurie :)

I want what you are having as well :LOL:

Pork, spinach and goats cheese is such a lovely mix YUM!!

both of your dinners sound great. i love stroganoff, and i've never met a stuffed pork chop that i didn't like. :pig:

i have some beautiful rib steaks to grill, side o: baked spuds. if i have time, i'll stop off and pick up a few dozen littleneck clams to saute until just opened in butter, garlic, and lemon thyme.

sort of a low tide surf and turf. :chef:

Thanks Tom :)

That made me laugh :LOL: I too have never met a pork chop I dont like :LOL:

Your surf and turf sounds fabulous, enjoy :)

It's soup weather but I don't have any real soup ingredients. Damp and rainy, not sure I'll be going to the grocery if it's pouring. Now trying to decide if I should leave for Kylie's or LBs. ;) Nothing personal BT, but we have a butcher with killer (as in "yummy" not "fatal") beef just a couple miles from our house. Plus he smokes pork he gets from a hog friend. :pig: :yum:

Probably spaghetti. Have quite a few containers of the stuff in the freezer. Himself could eat Italian 4 times a week.

in my best yiddish, "who couldn't? it's like western chinese with the noodles and the pretty shiksas"...

CG, you are welcome here anytime :)

I love Italian food too...probably not 4 times a week, but certainly once or twice a week ;)

I recently got a 10 lb box of all beef hot dogs. Got 16 of them thawed in the fridge so I'm thinking we'll do hot dogs tonight. These suckers are HUGE! About as big around as a brat. Not sure what sides will be. I might roast some potatoes.

Marsala mushroom cream sauce (w/ shallots & fresh thyme) over fettuccine or cheese-stuffed ravioli. Grilled asparagus on the side. If I have time to stop at the market/bakery, strawberry shortcake for dessert. Would like to pack up & head for Vegas this weekend. Not sure if we want to fight the out-of town traffic.

Have a happy and safe Memorial Day weekend.

Not sure. At different times over the last day or so, SO has indicated she would like to go a local restaurant for dinner and that she just wants something light for dinner like tuna, a salad, etc.

I don't know either. Just got back from my sisters' house where we had a heavy lunch. I had thought I would have cole slaw, but I havent't made it yet, so that prospect is looking iffy. I need to go out to buy some swimming goggles, so will see what transpires when I return.

Boy, I could go for some steamed clams after reading Bucky's dinner.
Nothing fancy though, just clams, steam and butter.
I really don't see me making the drive into the city to get them though...
sigh

I think I'm going to pick up some potato buns and bake up some panko crusted fish. Tartar sauce, iceberg lettuce and a tomato slice. Maybe some oven fries w/malt vinegar. Easy peasy.

Tacos al Carbon (beef), with homemade, roasted green salsa.:yum:

I recently got a 10 lb box of all beef hot dogs. Got 16 of them thawed in the fridge so I'm thinking we'll do hot dogs tonight. These suckers are HUGE! About as big around as a brat. Not sure what sides will be. I might roast some potatoes.

Wow, they sure do sound huge Jab, they should fill you all up ;)

Is a "brat" a bratwurst?

someone rang? :angel:

;)

no clams for pac. maybe tomorrow. but here's the rib steaks.

seasoned and into the grill pan:

img_1269585_0_823dcfab62747c7bf0f6403615ac04ba.jpg

5 minutes later, and flip:

img_1269585_1_f0f5b5f7de3fa73296da0ba67c210ffa.jpg

plated and resting for 5:

img_1269585_2_ec4096ae7e0547ad158fd018b24a0471.jpg

Back
Top Bottom