Dinner Friday 4th January

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Looks like the majority are going with Mexican. I am doing some chicken enchiladas. I made up a sauce last night with lots of roasted red chilies. A few cold beers on the side in case of fire...

Looks like the majority are going with Mexican. I am doing some chicken enchiladas. I made up a sauce last night with lots of roasted red chilies. A few cold beers on the side in case of fire...
I like crunchy tortilla...

Attachments

• 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 155
  • 005.jpg
    005.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 171
Dinner

Attachments

• Chimichitos and sweet potatoes.jpg
    Chimichitos and sweet potatoes.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 158
Great looking meals... Pac i think i have finally found a recipe for enchilada sauce i like so i can get back to chimichitos.. rotell has tokato sauce out with a recipe on it..

I look forward to your recipe, Q. I cheated tonight and heated up some Ortega taco sauce with a splash of worcestershire. It tasted good and didn't run all over (into my potatoes).

It's the daughter's 14th birthday today so she picked Olive Garden for dinner tonight. I ordered off the "light side" menu. With the salad & breadstick it was still about 750 calories. Didn't each much during the day so still stayed within my calorie range, probably to many carb.'s though.

Tonight's homemade pizza night. Toppings include homemade sausage, green peppers, mushrooms, hot peppers, homemade sauerkraut, and cheese, might throw some black olives on.

I've never heard of sauerkraut on pizza, but why not? I like something tart on pizza and often use marinated artichoke hearts.....that's good too.

We also made Pizza tonight...sliced Italian ring sausage, mushrooms, bell pepper, white onion rings, sliced green olives and lots of fresh mozzarella sliced cheese. :yum:

I've never heard of sauerkraut on pizza, but why not? I like something tart on pizza and often use marinated artichoke hearts.....that's good too.

We also made Pizza tonight...sliced Italian ring sausage, mushrooms, bell pepper, white onion rings, sliced green olives and lots of fresh mozzarella sliced cheese. :yum:

Ooh, Kayelle, you're missing something. Kraut and Canadian bacon pizza, yum! We have a local chain, Happy Joe's, and they do it well.

Making Ralph tonight.

Ralph! you say.:ohmy:

Yep Ralph. My kids loved it. My DW loves it. My DW's family loved it. They taught me how to make it. I modified it slightly. And it's yummy. If anyone wants to know how to make this tasty dish, just ask.

Sometimes, not as often, but sometimes, I make Norton. It's yummy too.

And that's all I'm saying for now.:-p

Seeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Last edited:
Rainbow trout with a white wine/butter/scallion sauce. Roasted broccoli and brown rice on the side.

Pizza Hut is on it's way. Too much to do today to think about menu's. I had to go with my son and buy his books for next semester. Four books, $480. Unbelievable. =o)

When I worked in a pizza place way back when, one of the house specials was a Canadian bacon-sauerkraut pizza with black olives. The kraut goes on top of the sauce if you put the sauce on before the other toppings. To last night's pizzas (we always make 2 so we have leftovers), we ended up adding some sun-dried tomatoes, black olives, jalapeno peppers, and pickled hot peppers (homemade) and some grated Monterey Pepper Jack cheese. The crust was really nice, just the way we like it. I have 2 slices I plan on eating for lunch. If I can resist eating them right away, I'll post a pic of those.

c o

When I worked in a pizza place way back when, one of the house specials was a Canadian bacon-sauerkraut pizza with black olives. The kraut goes on top of the sauce if you put the sauce on before the other toppings. To last night's pizzas (we always make 2 so we have leftovers), we ended up adding some sun-dried tomatoes, black olives, jalapeno peppers, and pickled hot peppers (homemade) and some grated Monterey Pepper Jack cheese. The crust was really nice, just the way we like it. I have 2 slices I plan on eating for lunch. If I can resist eating them right away, I'll post a pic of those.
This is a pic of the leftover pizza from last night. It was just as good for lunch as it was for dinner last night.

Attachments

• pizza 015.jpg
    pizza 015.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 181
Back
Top Bottom