"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu

Old 03-23-2007, 05:34 PM   #11
Head Chef

Send a message via MSN to Caine
I can't decide if I want to cook or not. I was planning on a mushroom cheesesteak hoagie for this friday, but I had to meet someone in the parking lot of the sandwich shop on Tuesday to pick up my new foster kittens, Paris and Nicky, so I figured I might as well get a hoagie while I waited for them to show up.

I do have a bucket of Grandma's sauce in the fridge, some hand made tortellini in the freezer, and half a loaf of Shatz's beer bread in the bread box, or I have a self-rising pizza in the freezer, or Wendy's has a new four alarm chicken sandwich I haven't tried yet. Decisions, decisions.

Old 03-23-2007, 08:57 PM   #12
Senior Cook

Send a message via MSN to mraa Send a message via Yahoo to mraa
I made a pot roast with potatoes, carrots, and onions.

Old 03-24-2007, 02:53 AM   #13
Executive Chef

We had some leftover green chile, dh didn't want to waste it on anything mediocre. That being said, for the second time in a week we had pork chops stuffed with green chile and cheddar, then breaded in panko. I think it was the best I have ever made. We also had mashed potatoes with sour cream and cheese and bacon. It was a decadent meal.
Old 03-24-2007, 02:57 PM   #14
Master Chef

well, whew!
was gonna get chix, potatoes & gravy. then i was like 'LENT!'
so 'twas then gonna be tapas (soup, mussels siam, crab rangoons, & another item, maybe?) 'till my drink arrived at $6.75 (lime gimlet & maybe 1.5 ounces!) my tapas/soup were only like $15! they get you dehydrated via alcohol & then give you salty food to get you thirsty so you order more drinks, so you continue to drink.
i drank my drink, cancelled my food order, & went & got a cut of of pizza with ricotta & olives.
whew!
Old 03-24-2007, 03:03 PM   #15
Master Chef

Ugh - last night's meal was a nightmare.

We had picked up what looked like an interesting item from CostCo - "Aidell's Buffalo Wing Seasoned Turkey Meatballs". Now, I've purchased Aidell's sausages many times before & always enjoyed them. What I had apparently & disastrously forgotten was that when Aidell first came out with their turkey meatball line, I tried a small package of them & was positively blown out of my socks by the SALT. I don't think I've EVER purchased an item that overly salty in my life!!!!

What brought it all back to me was my first bite into the "Buffalo Wing Seasoned Turkey Meatball Sub Sandwiches" I made last night for dinner. I toasted the Italian bread & then spread one side with mayo mixed with spicy wing sauce, & the other side with blue cheese dressing. I then layered the meatballs (preheated) with baby greens. Lord - the salt of those meatballs cut through everything. What is the Aidell company thinking!!??!!! I don't even think diehard salt-lovers would enjoy these.

What's worse is that because it was from CostCo, it was a double package, & so I now have more of these salty devils in my freezer. I'm thinking I might get away with them by heating them in a TOTALLY salt-free sauce & serving them over pasta.

Oh well - live & learn.
Old 03-24-2007, 09:17 PM   #16
Head Chef

Send a message via MSN to Caine
Quote:
Originally Posted by BreezyCooking
What is the Aidell company thinking!!??!!!
They were thinking "Gee, salt is so much cheaper than ground turkey!"

Quote:
What's worse is that because it was from CostCo, it was a double package, & so I now have more of these salty devils in my freezer.
Take them back to Costco, explain the problem to them, and request a refund. If they hesitate, show them your elevated blood pressure readings and your lawyer's business card and DEMAND a refund!
Old 03-24-2007, 10:56 PM   #17
Executive Chef

Quote:
Ugh - last night's meal was a nightmare.

What's worse is that because it was from CostCo, it was a double package
agree w/ caine, take 'em back and tell the supervisor your complaint