Dinner Menu - 7/17/12

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Must be tuesday it's greek!!

pork leg steak souvlaki with spaghetti squash & flat green beans baked in tomato sauce.battened out the steaks,marinaded them all day in greek evoo,greek dried oregano,greek lemon juice(it's all greek to me:wacko:!)garlic,red wine vinegar,salt & pepper.popped my spaghetti squash cherry by nuking a,yes you're right,spag squash grown in greece,in the microdiddle for 10 mins then dressed the innards with chilli & parsley.the beans were,well,flat green beans baked in a simple tomato sauce with anchovies.

Attachments

• PORK SOUVLAKI 001.JPG
    PORK SOUVLAKI 001.JPG
    83.9 KB · Views: 165
  • PORK SOUVLAKI 003.JPG
    PORK SOUVLAKI 003.JPG
    120.3 KB · Views: 172
  • PORK SOUVLAKI 004.JPG
    PORK SOUVLAKI 004.JPG
    114.7 KB · Views: 168
  • PORK SOUVLAKI 005.JPG
    PORK SOUVLAKI 005.JPG
    126.2 KB · Views: 180
Beautiful, Harry! How did you like the spaghetti squash?

pork leg steak souvlaki with spaghetti squash & flat green beans baked in tomato sauce.battened out the steaks,marinaded them all day in greek evoo,greek dried oregano,greek lemon juice(it's all greek to me:wacko:!)garlic,red wine vinegar,salt & pepper.popped my spaghetti squash cherry by nuking a,yes you're right,spag squash grown in greece,in the microdiddle for 10 mins then dressed the innards with chilli & parsley.the beans were,well,flat green beans baked in a simple tomato sauce with anchovies.

Beautiful, Harry! How did you like the spaghetti squash?
deelish C,loved it.just pricked it,micro'd it for 10 mins,scooped out the "spaghetti" let it drain in a collander(lots of liquid in there) & mixed in some chopped chilli,flat leaf parsley,salt,pepper & a drop of garlic olive oil:yum:

deelish C,loved it.just pricked it,micro'd it for 10 mins,scooped out the "spaghetti" let it drain in a collander(lots of liquid in there) & mixed in some chopped chilli,flat leaf parsley,salt,pepper & a drop of garlic olive oil:yum:

Sounds DEELISH :yum:, HC. I think you can toast the seeds (like pumpkin seeds), as well.

Last edited:
Chile con carne. I make mine (el scortcho, no beans) and Karen makes hers.

Going to roast a chicken here tonight and we'll have salad, fresh veg from the garden, and potato salad along with it.

We had beef schnitzels with steamed broccoli and cauliflower and some corn on the cob, all covered in a lovely cheese sauce :)

We're going out for supper. Still have to decide where.
We have a severe thunderstorm warning and the skies are looking very threatening. Unless that storm comes and goes within the next hour, we are not going out. We'll just order from Mr. Falafel.

DATE NIGHT!!! Ken and I are going out to a movie and I think we're going for wings first. Woohoo!! Buffalo for me and bbq for him.

Back
Top Bottom