Dinner Monday, 1/3/11

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I bought a couple tilapia fillets for tonight. I usually just pan fry in minimal oil with a light flour coating then add a bit of lemon juice at the end. Tonight though I'd like to use Alton's avocado butter on it. I wonder if I should fry it using that butter, or just top it with it?

Dinner tonight will be stuffed shells with marinara sauce ... took the easy way out and bought frozen shells, but made my own sauce.

Enjoy the day:chef:

I am going to attempt goose soup. Much like my duck soup, so we shall see how it ends up. The carcass is in the stock pot (ok, a small stock pot).

This was most tasty. The broth was rich and flavorful and the veggies were vibrant. It was a good way to use up the leftover goose meat. We had bought some egg noodles at the local Amish market. They were perfect for this soup.

I stripped the chicken from last night and added the wild rice mixture also left over from last night. I decided to just add some soy sauce for a kind of Oriental flavor.

It was more edible than last night, but still had some of that chalkiness. I'll never buy another Rice A Roni product again. That's twice I've had a ruined meal because they have changed/cheapened their product. It used to be really good for a quick fix, delicious meal.

I used to love Rice-a-Roni. I haven't eaten it in quite a while though, since their prices started climbing. Good info. I hate when a long time brand tweaks their ingredients... for the worse.

I am having last night's re-runs, watching left-overs on TV.
Pork Chop, Mashed Potatoes, Kruat and Black-eyed Peas.

I had a couple pieces of bacon in the freezer and some spinach that was about to go feral on me so I made fried rice with bacon, spinach, shallots, garlic and a couple scrambled eggs seasoned with fish sauce and rice vinegar. I made the rice yesterday so it took me about 15 minutes to get it done, start to finish. I have enough left over for a couple lunches too! yum

Little tired of "holiday-type" food so I made a chicken scallopini with fresh mushrooms. Sides were the last of my homemade noodles (lightly buttered) and steamed Italian green beans from our summer garden. The crowning glory was the blackberry pie I made yesterday from the berries we picked from our vines. Tasted just as good as it all did last summer.

I should have waited to cook the soup!! I ordered a chicken parm and it was NASTY!! GACK!! Cut into strips, the coating wasn't even browned and it looked more like they just dredged naked already cooked unseasoned chicken strips in seasoned crumbs and then topped with sauce and cheese!! DISGUSTING!!

I should have waited to cook the soup!! I ordered a chicken parm and it was NASTY!! GACK!! Cut into strips, the coating wasn't even browned and it looked more like they just dredged naked already cooked unseasoned chicken strips in seasoned crumbs and then topped with sauce and cheese!! DISGUSTING!!

Oh that stinks! I changed my mind about take-out standing in the frozen food aisle. Found the tilapia.:)

well was going to grill a rib eye steak. however had an ah ha moment. put it in the crockpot. on top i put a mixture of butter,mayo,green onions,green chilies, garlic powder . it was a spread i mixed up and put on sliced french bread and broiled. as usual i made to much. i just stole a bite and it is to die for. sweet potatoes and peas. put some chicken thighs to thaw. think i will do the same thing with them tomorrow night. now don't knock it till you try it. chocolate kisses for dessert. or maybe spinach, artichoke dip later for a snack.

I had my grilled ribeye, some spinach and another big bowl of mushroom gratin.
My palate has been satisfied.

I had a couple pieces of bacon in the freezer and some spinach that was about to go feral on me so I made fried rice with bacon, spinach, shallots, garlic and a couple scrambled eggs seasoned with fish sauce and rice vinegar. I made the rice yesterday so it took me about 15 minutes to get it done, start to finish. I have enough left over for a couple lunches too! yum

sounds yum to me, too.:chef:

Back
Top Bottom