Dinner Monday 25th of July

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have 6 large (enough for 2 dinners) B/S chicken breasts defrosting. I think 1/2 of them will be stir fry and the other 1/2 will be served with veggies, mashed taters and gravy. I will decide which meal will be cooked tonight later.

Its a chicken grilling kind of night tonight. I haven't decided on whether to do a mixed bag of thighs, drums, and breasts or just thighs. I'll see in a bit. I'm also going to break in my new wok and stir fry some peapods, zucchini, mushrooms, peppers and tomatoes to go with the chicken. Starch to be named later...I'm thinking maybe baked potatoes on the BBQ. Big green salad and some sweet iced tea to go with it all.

not a clue, lots of leftovers still to be eaten. have an appointment between 3 and 5 so it will be quick. a guy is coming to install weather striping and a hot water tank blanket. it is a program by our local gas and electric co. cause i am old and poor, it is free. i may get a free fridge. from them as well. depends on whether the ones they have are to tall for my space. mine works ok it is just 35 years old. lol

I'm going to grill some burgers tonight. I may have to pick up some corn to go with them. I just feel like sitting outside with wine in one hand and a spatula in the other hand. We were camping over the weekend, but had other things and no burgers... It is time for burgers!

With all of this Chicken talk, I just dug some drumstick out of the freezer. It will be a late dinner as somehow I seemed to have gotten my days and nights mixed up.:ROFLMAO:
If I can't wait, it will be Gourmet Grilled Cheese Sandwich with Tomato Soup.

I just got back from the fruit stand, where I picked up three tiny ears of corn for the grill (to go along with the already mentioned pork chops) and a zucchini that I will saute with some herbs de provence. I think my starch will be some jasmine rice with copious amounts of butter.

Too hot, too tired, long weekend, long day at work.... easy dinner...BLTs, macaroni salad, sweet dill pickles, and tomato/cucumber/onion salad.

nice thighs, bolas.

i mean the chicken, wise guy. lol. figured i'd cut you off at the pass.

what sauce did you use on them?

my little guy is very sick. his ear infection has now travelled inside and is causing him a lot of pain. i hate to see him like this. i wish i couod take away the pain knowing all too well how ear infections feel.

since he wasn't feeling well, dw sauteed chicken thighs, carrots, and potatoes and it turned out somewhere between a soup and a stew.
it was delicious nonetheless, and i hope it makes my boy feel a little better.

DH only worked half a day today so he was home for lunch. We ate the leftover steaks from Texas Roadhouse yesterday around 2pm. Supper was just some salads. Lettuce, tomato, cucumbers, cheese, egg, French Fried Onions, mesquite chicken breasts warmed in the microwave and cut into cubes. Used serving bowls and just made huge salads. It was rather refreshing to just have such a simple meal.

I'm busy cleaning floors, so I'll just have a sandwich or something that won't mess up the kitchen.

RR would call that a stoup, Bucky. Good stuff.
Hope the little fisherman feels better soon. I used to get ear infections as a tike. Warm olive oil and a cotton ball always cleared it up. Not the stuff you cook with (at least back then), but it came in a small green bottle. I imagine they have better stuff now, but it worked for me.

thanks pac.

he's on medication for it, but it's getting worse so he's going back to the doc in the a.m..

it kills me to hear him weakly whimpering in pain. it made him feel a little better to sit on my lap and watch "hell's kitchen" (he does a really funny gordon ramsay, critiqueing everything we cook just like the belligerent brtishman), but i wish i didn't have to go to work tonight. i would sit with him all night just to get him through like we did a few weeks ago. dw's gonna be in for a rough night.

Sure hope you get to feeling better soon, Babe!

Local Thai restaurant business dinner with DH and his client. Seared scallops, seafood hot pot, Crying Tiger Beef. Much yummage.

Last edited:
Something new for me tonight. Had to work with what I had in the house. Veal cutlets rolled over a Rockefeller mix of sautéed spinach with bacon, garlic, white wine baby bellas and Parmesan cheese. Pan seared and cooked in a red sauce with caramelized onion and roasted garlic. Served with fresh spiced carrots and asparagus. Wish I could show you guys, but haven't figured out how to up load off the iPhone

buckytom said:
thanks pac.

he's on medication for it, but it's getting worse so he's going back to the doc in the a.m..

it kills me to hear him weakly whimpering in pain. it made him feel a little better to sit on my lap and watch "hell's kitchen" (he does a really funny gordon ramsay, critiqueing everything we cook just like the belligerent brtishman), but i wish i didn't have to go to work tonight. i would sit with him all night just to get him through like we did a few weeks ago. dw's gonna be in for a rough night.

Oh, I hope he feels better soon. Ear infections are miserable. Poor kid.

thanks pag. he fell asleep on the couch during the president's speech tonight (smart kid), so i picked him up and put him in bed.

holy cow, while it touched my heart to do that again like when he was a baby, he's 83 pounds and 52 or 53 inches! i'm getting old. :mellow:

thanks pac.

Bucky, you give that little man of yours a very gentle hug from me. I know what ear infections are like and it isn't any fun as an adult, let alone someone of his age. My thoughts and prayers are with you all.

I have been up a couple of nights now with Dad so I understand.

Back
Top Bottom