Dinner, Monday April 14, 2008

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
French Fried Onion chicken, apsaragus, and salad. Strawberries and whipped cream for dessert.

Mini burgers! Served on Hawaiian sweet rolls that have been grilled with a dab of mayo and cracked pepper!

I just made Chicken Prosciutto Tortelloni and broccoli with a reduced-fat alfredo sauce and a little marinara mixed in. It was the first time I have made alfredo (that I can remember) and this reduced-fat version turned out great! It was packaged toretelloni and I just threw the broccoli in the pasta water for the last few minutes. Yummy!

I'm doing a whole chicken, potatoes, carrots, celery, garlic and the usual seasonings in the pressure cooker. it's got about 10 more minutes and the house is smelling pretty good right now. I'll have some of that with a lot of broccoli (using the stems, thanks again guys :)),,,,,
but I'm really looking forward to turning the leftovers into kitchenelf's chicken and slippery dumplings tomorrow :chef:
Tonight's meal is like foreplay.

ok maybe just salad and bread. lol :LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL::LOL:

Hey, I resemble that remark.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Change of plans here tonight. Buck didn't go to his dinner meeting so I had to come up with an alternative meal plan.

We had grilled cheese sandwiches made with N.Y. Times bread and crumbled cooked bacon. Ahhhhhhhh..................

'Nuff said. I'm in heaven.

Gonna try it next time with chopped green onions, too.

Hey, I resemble that remark.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Change of plans here tonight. Buck didn't go to his dinner meeting so I had to come up with an alternative meal plan.

We had grilled cheese sandwiches made with N.Y. Times bread and crumbled cooked bacon. Ahhhhhhhh..................

'Nuff said. I'm in heaven.

Gonna try it next time with chopped green onions, too.
Katie,good idea and when the tomatoes are nice and ripe, put in a couple of slices with the bacon and onions,It's my fav:pig:
kades

we'll be in Sheridan Wyoming in 20 minutes or so. two very tired folks here, been driving all day long after leaving upper Montana.
stopped in Billings at CB for our fix, dinner was mediocre but driving in the back 40 the computer is doing well. fancy that...driving and computering.........pretty neat, DH got me a card for use when there is no wifi.....

anyhoo, fried pork chops, mac and cheese, fried apples and biscuits.
same for him only corn and mashed tots wit grav.......

oh dh just told me to write this down. if it's a repeat from last night, forgive, it's been a busy few days. so...if ever in Whitefish Montana, you MUST go to dinner at Mambo Italiano. Hey Mambo, Mambo Italiano, hey mambo, mambo Italiano, I think it's a song, anyway, really perfect food, who knew? and our server Kody, just darling..........

i grilled again last night. sweet and sour marinated chicken legs, and curried pork chops. also, we had leftover baked ziti and i made a banana/flax/whole wheat bread in the bread machine.

the sweet and sour was good; the curry rub on the chops was good but too strong- i shoulda used less; the ziti was good but dry- needed sauce; and the whole wheat bread was excellent with butter and honey. :chef:

i really lucked out on the bread. i cut the top off of the bag of bread machine mix, then spilled half of it into the sink. fortunately, i had some whole wheat flour in the cupboard, so i winged it and aprroximated how much was lost. then i forgot to reduce the water a little since i added a very ripe banana, so i had to add more flour. then i guessed how much flax to add to make it count but not form a brick.
in the end, the bread came out small, but light and delicious.

Twas my birthday and after a surprise weekend in Newport, RI dining out all weekend, my girlfriend and I stayed home and made empenadas and watched 3:10 to Yuma.

Just wanted to report back on my tilapia with puttanesca sauce... it was really good! I'm not normally wild about fish with tomatoes, but for some reason the puttanesca was just wonderful with the fish. Next time, I might sprinkle a little parmesan over before searing the tilapia. But really good, in case anybody was wondering. :)

I made a lasagna for dinner, chicken, bacon, asparagus, mushrooms, (canned) cherry tomatoes in white sauce, topped with grated cheddar and paprika. Even more yummy on the reheat! Next time though, I would change the asparagus for leeks. Asparagus seems to remain "aloof" from other ingredients and for a lasagna, I believe the ingredients should meld. Leeks would do that better than the asparagus.

Asparagus

Well, the lasagna sounds delicious, but I know what you mean about asparagus. I have a whole cookbook on the subject and yet that veggie continues to mystify me. Next time, give it a good chop before adding it to your lasagna. That should subdue its attitude.;)

the pieces were less than a cm long!! They were sauted with the ingredients before being cooked in the lasagna and the lasagna was reheated!! Still have a very "individual" personality. Prefer asparagus grilled with sugar, salt and balsamic vinegar or steamed with a mustard vinaigrette. I buy it pretty regularly but I am not sure if I truly like it or not. Think it is a better accompaniment rather than an incorporated ingredient but I think I have been thinking about this too long!!! LOL

Back
Top Bottom