Dinner, Saturday 12.21.2019

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

medtran49

Master Chef
Huevos rancheros with homemade corn tortillas.​

Attachments

• 2019-12-21 18.52.49.jpg
    2019-12-21 18.52.49.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 105
Perfect grilling weather to celebrate the winter solstice. 42F and the snow melted off the driveway. Wheeled the weber kettle out and grilled chicken breasts and thighs, brushed with Famous Dave's bbq sauce, packet sliced sweet potatoes and salads.

I was shocked that our local supermarket had Australian loin lamb chops nearly as nice as Costco and they were only $5. lb. That's a real bargain in these parts as I think they are $8 lb at Costco. SC is going back for more tomorrow because they were just delicious, being from Australia and the price is unbeatable.

They were pan fried with Cavender' Greek Seasoning and we had angel hair herb pasta with peas, and steamed broccolini. Good eats..:yum:

Attachments

• PC210039.jpg
    PC210039.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 95
We enjoyed planned leftovers from yesterday's Indian food delivery. I still don't have much appetite, but the beef curry was delicious on some brown basmati rice that my sweetie cooked. We also had some lamb samosas (I had a quarter of one) and pakora and onion bhajis. We had Wernesgrüner to drink with it.

It's Winter Solstice and that's when we usually celebrate the winter holiday. It was a bit of celebration, but not much. Well, things don't always work out when you catch a lurgy.

We had the last of our Naan bread pizzas last night. Mom's now tired of them, which I guess turned out good since we are out of the Naan bread.

We had a reverse seared Angus Beef Prime Rib Roast (from Walmart @ $6.77/lb. - fantastic price for these parts), with mashed, au jus gravy, and one of my faves - Yorkshire pudding !
Delicious - and great leftovers for a French dip meal

We had a reverse seared Angus Beef Prime Rib Roast (from Walmart @ $6.77/lb. - fantastic price for these parts), with mashed, au jus gravy, and one of my faves - Yorkshire pudding !
Delicious - and great leftovers for a French dip meal

Sounds delicious RMM. We'll be doing one for NYD, and sorry to tell you, they are $4.67 lb. here. I love Yorkshire pudding too. ;)

I was shocked that our local supermarket had Australian loin lamb chops nearly as nice as Costco and they were only $5. lb. That's a real bargain in these parts as I think they are $8 lb at Costco. SC is going back for more tomorrow because they were just delicious, being from Australia and the price is unbeatable.

They were pan fried with Cavender' Greek Seasoning and we had angel hair herb pasta with peas, and steamed broccolini. Good eats..:yum:

it looks so delicious

Back
Top Bottom