Dinner Saturday 19th January

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Tonight we're having our dinner club over to the house. The last time our group got together, a couple of the members mentioned that they had never tried rabbit. So since I was assigned the main course and had a couple of bunnies in the freezer, I thought I'd make Lapin à la Moutarde (Rabbit in a Mustard Cream Sauce). I'm serving it over pappardelle noodles with french style green beans and homemade peasant bread on the side. For the wine pairing, I have a nice rosé from the Jura region of France.

I just love making "fancy pants" dinners once in a while. :)

Tonight we're having our dinner club over to the house. The last time our group got together, a couple of the members mentioned that they had never tried rabbit. So since I was assigned the main course and had a couple of bunnies in the freezer, I thought I'd make Lapin à la Moutarde (Rabbit in a Mustard Cream Sauce). I'm serving it over pappardelle noodles with french style green beans and homemade peasant bread on the side. For the wine pairing, I have a nice rosé from the Jura region of France.

If I had access to all the lovely foods and wine you prepare and enjoy, I would need a forklift to get me out of my house :LOL:
Once again, it sounds fabulous Steve :yum:

I have some ground beef left from the burgers last night. It will get made into something just not sure what yet. Possible dishes are meatloaf, hamburger stuffing, sloppy joes, tacos. I'll see what everyone wants later and how far I get cleaning today.

I might attempt one of those deep dish Chicago pizzas with the crust on both sides. Maybe...

It's a beautiful sunny day with blue skies, & temp predicted to be about 80. Going to get a Flu shot (never had one before), pick up a bag of "cuties" (mandarin oranges) to make a spinach salad w/ red onions, & mushrooms, and grill lemon/herb spatchcock chicken. Sangria to wash it down. If it's still warm enough at the end of the day, we'll have dinner on the sundeck.

Was out late last night so it is a stay home night tonight. Going to do up wings and seasoned potato wedges, crunchy veggies in blue cheese dressing, cold beer, Netflix.... Couch......... Snore.........

If I had access to all the lovely foods and wine you prepare and enjoy, I would need a forklift to get me out of my house :LOL:
Once again, it sounds fabulous Steve :yum:
Thanks, Snip!

I hope no one gets the impression we eat this well every night, because we don't. There are countless untold meals of beans & rice, salads, and Chinese takeout that I don't even mention on these threads. I mostly try to share the meals that I think people might find interesting or different. :chef:

Change of plans here, too. Going for a swim and then dinner with a friend. But, since I had everything ready for my take on Bombay Potatoes as a veggie main, I went ahead and finished what I had started. I added cumin seeds to the potatoes while cooking, used the same water for the broccoli (blanched to tender). Used tomatoes that I had from the garden (in the freezer), added some diced green pepper. Had some toasted pecans, tossed those on top instead of the cashews I'd planned on using, added two carrots (small, julienned [except I cheated--I used my lemon zester to get the strips] and three pearl onions sliced--since I had those hanging around). Marinated the paneer in oil with my friend's curry/g. marsala sauce while doing everything else. As a main--(had to have it for lunch), it is very filling. Oh, I used my friend's curry/g. marsala powder, some Meyer lemon zest and I added more hot pepper flakes to the dish. And I put the mustard seeds, cumin (I used seeds), hot pepper flakes, chili, turmeric, and g. marsala in the oil first--added the other stuff once the mustard seeds started to dance. Here's a pic:

Attachments

• IMG_0134[1].jpg
    IMG_0134[1].jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 167
Last edited:
Looks very good.... how was it? I've been thinking about trying the recipe, too.
It was quite tasty (the way I made it). I didn't measure the amount of "curry" I used--my friend's curry powder/g. marsala is to die for.

I probably should have used more tomatoes--I had 1/2 of a big ziplock bag of tomatoes I had prepped for roasting in the freezer. I chopped those and simmered them while the potatoes cooked--I didn't measure the amount. When I re-heat what's left, I will add some tomato juice that I have in the freezer. The flavor combination is nice. I couldn't find any spinach in my freezer (I love spinach-potatoes-garbanzo beans--struck out on both--no spinach, no garbanzo beans, but I had the potatoes!) and I had some broccoli that was begging to be used before it went bad, so tossed in the broccoli. I was planning it as a main dish, not a side. It makes a fair amount. That was probably 2.5 side-sized servings that I dished out.

Here is the Lemon and Ginger Chicken we made last night and also the fried rice, first time we have made it and it was delicious

P1000965.JPG

That all sounds lovely Steve, hope you have a fabulous time :)

That looks delicious, Kylie.

I changed my dinner plans, too. I'm going to grill a ribeye and a potato, saute some shrooms and shallots and the green will be broccoli with slivered almonds and olive oil. Oh, and garlic bread :yum:

Back
Top Bottom