Dinner Saturday June 6, 2009

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

msmofet

Chef Extraordinaire
whats for dinner?

we are going to have tacos and refried beans (i may put some refried beans in the filling after browning the meat) and salsa and chips.

making them, eating them!! LOL remember that old commercial?

i like hard corn shells (the new flat bottom shells are great while filling but the first bite cracks them and you wind up with a taco sandwich), but the girls like soft. so we have both.

i made homemade salsa again on friday morning (it tastes much better the next day) but the girls put a hurting on it!!

Hi msmofet!
waving2.gif
I hope you're feeling better today! Your tacos sound good, especially with homemade salsa!! :chef:

I'm making homemade pizza. Toppings are pepperoni, red onion, black olives, a little green onion, sliced red bell pepper. I might throw on some diced tomato on my half.

Hi msmofet!
waving2.gif
I hope you're feeling better today! Your tacos sound good, especially with homemade salsa!! :chef:

I'm making homemade pizza. Toppings are pepperoni, red onion, black olives, a little green onion, sliced red bell pepper. I might throw on some diced tomato on my half.
waving2.gif
thank you. i am feeling a bit better thank you.

your pizza sounds great. when i make homemade pizza i cut small pieces of dough and make rounds for each person and they can top to their liking. (i used to do this for the girls bday parties.) i also offer your toppings plus shaved fresh garlic, green olives, green pepper, mushrooms, cheddar cheese, mozzarella cheese, shaved romano and parm cheeses, fresh herbs - oregano and basil chopped fine, sometimes if i have guests at a party i add these topping choices - cooked crumbled sausage, cooked ground beef and cooked crumbled bacon. riccotta cheese, olive oil, salt, fresh ground black pepper, ground hot red pepper flakes and pizza sauce. everyone gets a dough round on a plate and goes down the topping line. the kids loved it.

I'ma fixin to fry some catfish and stuff in a little while...but before I do, I'ma gonna drink some bourbon under the shade trees in da back yard....Later I'ma gonna eat a piece of fresh made lemon pie...Ahmmmm nope!!! DW says that's for Sunday dinner:ermm:...So, it will be a little chocolate ice cream to finish up.....

grilling s ome homemade burgers and making a homemade barbeque sauce. some nice kasier buns from the bakery and thats all. No Sides, no dessert, just burgers tonight

Kim is making oven-fried chicken (with crumbled Stove Top, and I turned a blue box of mac'n cheese into a good side dish, prepared according to instructions on box, then add a can of cream of mushroom soup, a few frozen peas that you cooked along with the pasta, and about half a small jar of pimientos.

Irrigation night, DH keeps grabing some of the meat out of my pasta sauce I'm making for lasagna, so he is stuffed and the loaf of ciabatta is not worth much now:LOL: I'm still full from lunch/breakfast so I just had a little smoked trout and a 7-up..just finish putting the lasagna together for tomorrow :shock:
next have a bunch of different veggies to get ready to roast..Planning on balsamic and evoo salt and pepper to brush them with, several yams, 2 sweet potatoes,some yukon golds,2 kinds muchrooms, sliced zucchini and eggplant,asparagus, corn broken into small pieces, then I need to get the fruit ready and we are making sundaes for dessert..
kadesma;)

A few weeks ago I had a taste for real corned beef. Oh, not what you get in a deli. You know, the stuff with some flavor and fat on it. So I boiled it and refridgerated it and sliced it (reserving the broth,the less slice-able ends of the meat, and veggies for a soup), and froze it. My husband really doesn't care for a meal of corned-beef-and-cabbage, which given where I've eaten it in years past, I don't much blame him for. Tonight I made the best ever Ruebens. Nowadays most deli corned beef doesn't even resemble the real thing, it is so lean there is no flavor left.

Hello again, msmofet.

My pizza idea got pushed off onto tomorrow's dinner. I spent most of the day cleaning and getting rid of junk! I realized that I didn't have enough time for the dough, even though it doesn't take that long (recipe from a yeast package).

So, I made a real meaty spaghetti sauce over wheat pasta. It was good, but the pizza would have been better!! :neutral:

img_826893_0_1c0acc66a115f8fbc62e87032f558455.jpg

Hello again, msmofet.

My pizza idea got pushed off onto tomorrow's dinner. I spent most of the day cleaning and getting rid of junk! I realized that I didn't have enough time for the dough, even though it doesn't take that long (recipe from a yeast package).

So, I made a real meaty spaghetti sauce over wheat pasta. It was good, but the pizza would have been better!! :neutral:

img_826900_0_1c0acc66a115f8fbc62e87032f558455.jpg
hi VB. yummy!! the sauce looks good.

we had the tacos which were good at about 3:30pm. i had 2 tacos. everyone else had around 4 - 6 each. we went to Kohl's sale at about 8pm and didn't find anything good. on the way home i got a ham calzone with tomato sauce on the side to dip, (the tacos were my only meal) because i was hungry. i am not sure what dinner tomorrow will be.

We had chicken curry, had to be something fairly quick...as I'd spent most of the day on the phone to my Dad, relaying info on TV across to him (he hasn't got Sky) about the D Day landings and Caen, and Sword beach & Omaha, he's 85 now but still sharp as a button!

We had hamburgers that dh cooked on the grill between downpours and I made the best french fries I've ever made. We had cherry pie (a small piece) for dessert.

Back
Top Bottom