Dinner Sunday 11th November

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Tonight we had the Asian Seared Tuna Salad that we had planned to have last night. It was delicious, but next time I would use more orange slices.

img_1205418_0_b1c71c85542a47361187bdb948cb3556.jpg

omg steve, now you've really gone and done it! sensational!!!

...all i need now to round out my perfect meal is some of those beach-style fries of pac's and a chilled mug of hard apple cider.....yummm

Last edited:
Beach style... I never heard that before, but when you think about it beach snack shacks, carnivals and the like tend to leave the skin on and restaurants don't.

It turned out I didn't have the right ingredients for pie crust, but I had stuff to make rosemary-pepper biscuits, so I used those to top the chicken pot pie. Didn't have time to get a nice picture because DH was starving, so I just got a quick snap and we dug in. Delicious! Next time I won't let the gravy reduce so much. It tasted great but we needed more.

Attachments

• chicken pot pie.jpg
    chicken pot pie.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 158
It turned out I didn't have the right ingredients for pie crust, but I had stuff to make rosemary-pepper biscuits, so I used those to top the chicken pot pie. Didn't have time to get a nice picture because DH was starving, so I just got a quick snap and we dug in. Delicious! Next time I won't let the gravy reduce so much. It tasted great but we needed more.

verrry nice, gg!! i do believe you've come up with an even more inspired topping than pie crust for your chicken pot pie! should go great with just plain chicken stew too. anything special i should know about adding the seasonings to the biscuits?

verrry nice, gg!! i do believe you've come up with an even more inspired topping than pie crust for your chicken pot pie! should go great with just plain chicken stew too. anything special i should know about adding the seasonings to the biscuits?

Thanks! Here's the recipe: Rosemary & Pepper Drop Biscuits. It made 1 dozen biscuits, so I have several left over. :yum:

great looking biscuit recipe, gg, and made with butter, too! can't wait to make these delicious looking biscuits to go with my very next chicken soup or stew.--or beef , even. thank you for sharing, gg.

You left the skin on your fries :):clap: It's the best way, yum! I like the fried skins more than the potato. Reminds me I haven't made loaded potato skins lately !

I like the skins on too. In fact I'd rather eat the skins than the starchy inside if I had to pick one or the other. Loaded skins sounds good. I've been meaning to try Pioneer Woman's version. Oops, it's not on her website, I'll have to get the book from the library again.

You can always use the carbonara as a side dish. That is to say, make a salad and saute a cutlet.

I like carbonara just fine when it's got chicken or shrimp in it. Bacon and shrimp go together great!

I forgot last night's food shot:

lamb%20burger.JPG

I spent too much time snacking and by the time I got to cooking dinner I wasn't hungry enough for potatoes. I guess I didn't clean off the table either. :)

That looks really tasty GG :yum:

Back
Top Bottom