Dinner Sunday 21st July 2013

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Off the top of my head: Slice kielbasa super thin, fry, drain, add veggies (whatever you have, onions, peppers, shredded carrots, etc.) and sautee, along with balsamic, butter, some herbs maybe. Serve on butter and garlic toasted buns.

Or use as a pizza topping.
Sounds like a plan. I might throw in some rice. I have a bunch in the fridge that is already cooked.

TL-- I'd cook the sausage as DL says or in butter until the skin gets browned. Thin slice on a diagonal. Make saurkraut salad. Drain it and toss with a vinegary based dressing. Add anything else you like to the salad. Onion? green or red pepper? I like caraway seeds so I'd add that too. Chill the saurkraut as long as possible before dinner.

--

I am grilling chix wings and corn on the cob. My current open bottle of bbq sauce is too sweet, so I have to 'speriment and make it hotter, tarter or something. And I was gifted a jar of pickles, so I have to taste test those too.

It's a very long time since I had rissoles! Sounds good - hope you enjoyed it Kylie!

I'm making Spaghetti Bolognese - the recipe is from the late Robert Carrier's book "Great Dishes of the World".

Thanks so much Katy, they were really moist and delicious :)

Your dinner sounds wonderful too :)

What types of cheese GG? (Just being nosy as I love cheese). :)

Cheddar, Parmigiana Reggiano, Gruyere, Swiss, Havarti, American. I think that's it. Alton Brown has a recipe for using up bits of various cheeses to make a mixed cheese spread, with wine and butter. Hmm, I have part of a baguette, too - that sounds good. I might just make an appetizer platter and be done with it.

Cheddar, Parmigiana Reggiano, Gruyere, Swiss, Havarti, American. I think that's it. Alton Brown has a recipe for using up bits of various cheeses to make a mixed cheese spread, with wine and butter. Hmm, I have part of a baguette, too - that sounds good. I might just make an appetizer platter and be done with it.

Yum! That is a goodly selection of cheeses there! :yum:

Do you like any blue cheeses?

Just got home from a long work day. Sundays are always crazy. We start with brunch then lunch, then we have to go like crazy to keep up with the meat counter. Must have sold 200 lbs of meat today. .Supper s going to be shrimp prima vera, so I better stop drinking ice cold wine and get to it.. Blurry photos to follow

Last edited:
Homegrown green beans are coming on like crazy. I can't pick them fast enough. Will have to do something with them, and it will probably involve bacon.

It won't get here in time. I keep a watch at the mailbox though.

Just as well DL.... seems to me that bacon is never going to arrive.... mind you, you've heard the saying "a watched kettle never boils"? Maybe if you stop watching the mailbox the bacon will miraculously appear!

Just as well DL.... seems to me that bacon is never going to arrive.... mind you, you've heard the saying "a watched kettle never boils"? Maybe if you stop watching the mailbox the bacon will miraculously appear!

:LOL: We can only hope!

Homegrown green beans are coming on like crazy. I can't pick them fast enough. Will have to do something with them, and it will probably involve bacon.

I love love love green beans with bacon. I made some with cornbread tonight. Also made some green peppers stuffed with a beef mixture and corn with mashed potatoes.

Well it might be nice chopped/sliced into an omelette with a bit of salad on the side?
I might try that next time, but chopped, definitely small pieces
Off the top of my head: Slice kielbasa super thin, fry, drain, add veggies (whatever you have, onions, peppers, shredded carrots, etc.) and sautee, along with balsamic, butter, some herbs maybe. Serve on butter and garlic toasted buns.

Or use as a pizza topping.
You inspired me to make a fried rice with kielbasa slices. It wasn't bad, but that kielbasa was awfully chewy. Cubes next time.

You inspired me to make a fried rice with kielbasa slices. It wasn't bad, but that kielbasa was awfully chewy. Cubes next time.

:ROFLMAO: Sorry, Taxy! I was thinking of the kielbasa like the pepperoni slices that I fried the heck out of, they crumbled like crunchy bacon! Hope your dish was good otherwise!

:LOL: Guess I won't post this recipe!

Last edited:

Maybe it would be better in a stew? (It would add great flavour and would soften.)

Kielbasa fried rice:

20130721_200406.jpg

It smelled really good too. It was a decent meal, but nothing to write home about. :)

Isn't that disappointing? When it smells better than it looks? I mostly cook for me and my brother, and he is very sweet. I am the one who "critiques" my cooking. And I am very hard on myself.

Your dish looked good TL and I bet it was nicer than you give yourself credit for!

Back
Top Bottom