Dinner Sunday, Feb. 18

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I just took a pound of shrimp out of the freezer so I'm about to do some searching for new ideas. First I need to check out my MasterCook.

Roast Chicken and Spring greens for me, the DW having sprouts instead of spring greens.

Good Luck Alix :)
(although I`m sure you won`t need it)

Good luck Alix!

We had a healthyish brunch, based around some left over split pea soup. And, because of going to rome yesterday the cupboards are looking bare. we decided to take a lazy day together andd just came back from a walk where we picked up some essentials and non essentials. Including some maple syrup, which I have been craving for ages.

And its certainly milder out, I was too warm with my coat on. I think we'll have either a carbonara tonight, or maybe a lighter pasta, and then pancakes and syrup for pudding!

Good luck Alix! After your day is complete, care to share your winning recipe? I adore chili, I think most do. Mine doesn't contain tomato of any sort as hubby suffers with acid reflux. Mine last week was divine. I got lucky. I can't wait to hear how you do on today's event! Clapping here in southern California for you!!!:clap: :clap:

I just posted what our meal turned out to be last night. Gad, what a good dinner. Again, I got lucky with my skill. Tonight. Hum...Let me look in the freezer, then I'll write more........

Still have leftover veggies, potato salad and 'crisp' from last night and it was a sweet faire, so tonight, it should be more savory.

Okay, got it. I'll do this.......
Cooks.com - Recipe - Osso Bucco
and I'll use up the reruns from last night too. Brown rice and no need of veggies as they're in the osso bucco. Plus, STRAWBERRIES AND PEACHES WITH BALSAMIC ZABAGLIONE Recipe at Epicurious.com this ought to make a good finish to a hopefully glorious meal. I will have just one tablespoon:wacko:

Well, today is PeppA's birthday. I'm going to make some Seafood and Cheese Stuffed Mushrooms, snow crab, and something with shrimp. I've got 2 lbs of shrimp to play with. Probably some Scampi, as she adores that. I've got some chicken tenders marinating for the kids, which I'll bread and fry. I'll probably have to come up with one or two other sides to make everyone happy. I have some buttermilk baking mix, so I'll probably make some Faux Red Lobster Cheddar Biscuits.

for us since it's been so beautiful and nice here. We are going to grill burgers, to go on the burgers we have swiss,cheddar,blue cheese to go between the patties. Then comes your choice of lettuce,tomato, onion slices, avocado,bacon, for starters stuffed mushrooms with sausage,cream cheese, herbs, garlic, onions, salsa and chips, and long green chilies the italian long green sweets cut in half the long way, dipped in tempura batter, put on cookie sheet, then fill the pepper with pepper jack cheese and bake in oven til cheese melts and bubbles, the rest of the meal after the appys is cucumbers in sour cream and dill, proscuitto,chicken,cheese stuffed tortelini salad with pesto mixed with some mayo and red wine vinegar, diced red onions and halved grape tomatoes, baked beans, olives,pickles, deviled eggs and dessert a ricotta, chocolate cake...

kadesma:)

My husband recently came home from the hospital, after two long months.
I promised we would celebrate Christmas with our son and dear friends when he was better. So today, we're having bruschetta and shrimp cocktail for an appetizer, baby greens and grape tomato salads, chateaubriand. roasted baby potatoes, broccoli and glazed carrots and NYT bread. They will be bringing dessert. We will have wine with the various foods. I hope it all turns out, but most important, my husband is well!!!!!:LOL:

Essiebunny said:
My husband recently came home from the hospital, after two long months.
I promised we would celebrate Christmas with our son and dear friends when he was better. So today, we're having bruschetta and shrimp cocktail for an appetizer, baby greens and grape tomato salads, chateaubriand. roasted baby potatoes, broccoli and glazed carrots and NYT bread. They will be bringing dessert. We will have wine with the various foods. I hope it all turns out, but most important, my husband is well!!!!!:LOL:
Essie,
sounds like a wonderful meal. So happy for you and family that your DH is home and well. Continued good health.

Tonight is going to be fairly simple, baked pork chops, green salad and baked potatoes with a cheese sauce.

Barb L. said:
Mercy Sake ! :ohmy:Kadesma - How many people you feeding ? Quite a feast you have there ! Yum
Hi Barb, let's see. 2 daughters and DH's, 4 grand kids, 1 son and dog, 4 friends, me, and DH..15 and one dog:LOL: Wanna come join us?

kadesma said:
Hi Barb, let's see. 2 daughters and DH's, 4 grand kids, 1 son and dog, 4 friends, me, and DH..15 and one dog:LOL: Wanna come join us?

Iam on my way - keep the lights on !!! Have a wonderful day with your family!!

Tonight I am making a Caesar salad and French spring soup, its a creamy potato/veggie soup with lots of asparagus in it, fresh spinach, etc. The sun is out today and its going up to a balmy 30 degrees, spring IS on the way - thank God!

AllenOK....tell PeppA's Happy Birthday!

Essiebunny.... so glad you DH came home and that you two can proceed making beautiful memories together.

As for our meal:
Baked Rosemary/Garlic Chicken Leg Quarters
Green Beans with Bacon & Onions
Mashed Potatoes with Chicken Gravy

Back
Top Bottom