Dinner Sunday, March 27th?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Alix

Everymom
Moderator Emeritus
Can't believe this isn't up yet. I'm doing wings on the BBQ. Some mustard and seasoned salt and some in dad's sesame/soy mixture. I'm debating about doing some spring rolls too. Salad will be caesar, and dessert...um...cookies and ice cream I think.

Ma's Sunday once again:) We are having as a first hot mozzarella sticks to use with a marinarra sauce, hot artichoke dip and pita chips, then fruit salad, and Bobby Flay's grilled mushroom french bread pizza with fontina cheese, Fluffy rice and the kids are having pizza with salami and mozzarella.
kadesma:)

Mmmmm fries! Going to do that too. Thanks Andy! What flavor wings?

RL, wings all around! What kind are you doing?

kadesma, sounds yummy! I'm craving that hot artichoke dip now.

Well, I was going to do Buffalo wings but see that I am a little low on Frank's Hot Sauce so I'll have to supplement it with whatever else I have on hand. I have some Pikapeppa, Tabasco and Bite Me hot sauces and plenty of blue cheese dressing.

Hi all! I have a pot of green beans w/ ham going. I'll add some new potatoes later. Then do some oven fried chicken breast. Lemon cake for dessert.

Ma's Sunday once again:) We are having as a first hot mozzarella sticks to use with a marinarra sauce, hot artichoke dip and pita chips, then fruit salad, and Bobby Flay's grilled mushroom french bread pizza with fontina cheese, Fluffy rice and the kids are having pizza with salami and mozzarella.
kadesma:)
Geez my kids are hungry today youngest daughter is bringing cleaned shrimp and cocktail sauce the oldest is bringing ham and cheese with green onions and olives on puff pastry plus my favorite anchovy in cream cheese with garlic worcestershire.dip in your chips and pig out time:ROFLMAO:
kadesma

RL, wings all around! What kind are you doing?

I am cheating. I bought a box of wings from the restaurant. They care called dusted wings. Gonna deep fry them. Pretty plain flavored coating. I add dips on the side.
Had a busy day cooking. Don't feel like getting into anything too involved. Cold beer and eating with my hands. Find something on Netflix.

Last edited:
I had hoped to do a pork roast, but I think I overdid it yesterday since my knees and aches from my Thursday fall really spoke to me when I got up this morning. Sheesh! All I really did yesterday was to make a carrot cake. Crap and a half!:(

At any rate, we have lots of the yummy cream of mushroom soup I made yesterday, and I had planned to make broccoli-rice pilaf (which I will) and some butter braised turnips. Will cook the turnips, too. Glenn discovered them yesterday as he was disking the garden. They were borne of the turnip greens we've been eating. Found a good recipe in Mastering the Art of French Cooking when I did the mushroom soup.

There's some round steak still in the refrigerator, so I'll probably do something with that so there'll be some "beast." Of course, carrot cake for dessert.

We wandered into the International Foods store that just opened a couple of months ago. They had only three shelf units when they first opened. Any way, we bought a lot of odds and ends, some of which I have heard of on this site. I am busy sampling bits and bites.

BBQ, pulled pork from a few weeks ago, that we froze. Re heated in the oven. Tom's BBQ sauce, hot for me, mild for Karen. Some wonderful vinegar based slaw and some home fries!

Craig

london broil which is delicious! just posted a great new recipe on my blog for it! it came out great and was so easy!

I made golumpki this evening. We had that with mixed veggies and rye bread.

I told James that I would fix him regular food for supper but that "I'm having garbage." He chose to have garbage with me. :D He is having tortilla chips with mild cheese sauce. I'm having tortilla chips with salsa con queso and added jalapeños. :rolleyes:

For us it was a beef roast with mashed and gravy, carrots and for dessert we had raspberry shortcake.

nothing special, just a cheeseburger with whole green chilies on it. chips i think instead of fries. still got cheesecake bars or ice cream for dessert. lazy day. did get new dishes in the cupboard. now just have to pack up old for the vietnam vets pick-up.

Back
Top Bottom