"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu

Old 11-20-2011, 07:01 PM   #21
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Very nice, Pac, and brave! Will take your word for how they turned out!

Old 11-20-2011, 07:06 PM   #22
Chef Extraordinaire

that sounds and looks delicious, pac. on your recommendation, i'm going to have to order some from that site since we're such fans of "swamp people".

Meh nom eh noh...doot dooooo do do do.
buckytom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 07:30 PM   #23
Master Chef

Still recovering from the cold so we had scrambled eggs and bacon. quick and easy with little clean up.
Old 11-20-2011, 07:31 PM   #24
Executive Chef

You've done it again Fred! You are very brave and have been rewarded! I would probably try it.....I never say never lol!

We are having Philly CheeseSteaks on freshly baked hoagie type rolls, sweet potato fries and I think maybe a green salad. I have been wanting to make some green goddess dressing with all of the extra green onions in the garden, so yes, green salad. Bon Apetit everyone!
Old 11-20-2011, 10:56 PM   #25
Master Chef

I made a skillet meal using Rice-a-Roni, ground beef, broccoli and meatballs taken out of the freezer. I think it turned out pretty good. My plan was to make something more homemade, but I got groceries today and just didn't have enough time to decide what to do.... talk about a throw-together meal.

Old 11-20-2011, 11:21 PM   #26
Executive Chef

The Philly CheeseSteaks were killer! No salad though, just enough lettuce left for DH lunch. Had a tiny bit if cabbage, so shredded it and topped with a sour cream/mayo minced garlic and green onion dressing. Had a few sweet potato fries too. The only thing missing was a frosty pint of beer, I planned it, but forgot it when it came time to eat!! Darn "old age"!

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3347900218.jpg
Views:	126
Size:	32.2 KB
ID:	12439
Old 11-21-2011, 12:04 AM   #27
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somebunny View Post
The Philly CheeseSteaks were killer! No salad though, just enough lettuce left for DH lunch. Had a tiny bit if cabbage, so shredded it and topped with a sour cream/mayo minced garlic and green onion dressing. Had a few sweet potato fries too. The only thing missing was a frosty pint of beer, I planned it, but forgot it when it came time to eat!! Darn "old age"!

Attachment 12439
Oh, that looks good! YUM!
Old 11-21-2011, 12:31 AM   #28
Executive Chef

Thanks Bean, I thought you skillet dinner looked yum too!
Old 11-21-2011, 02:41 AM   #29
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somebunny View Post

Attachment 12439

I had Chili.
Old 11-21-2011, 02:51 AM   #30
Sous Chef

Chicken breast with potatoes and homemade buffalo sauce, topped with poached eggs.

Cut the breast into bite sized pieces and seasons with S&P and a little garlic powder. I microwaved the potatoes until fork tender, and cut them into bite sized pieces. I sauteed the chicken breast first, then the potatoes to give them some pan cooked flavor. Tossed the chicken back in the pan along with the buffalo sauce (which was Taco Bell Fire sauce, Cholula, Sriracha, white vinegar, S&P, garlic powder, then whisked in cold butter a tablespoon at a time off the heat to thicken it like a beurre blanc.) Tossed the potatoes and chicken in the buffalo sauce and topped with two 4 minute poached eggs. When the egg yolks just perfectly melted into the dish it was decadent.

I just looked around the kitchen and came up with a recipe, I've never made this before. I'm sure my level of inebriation had something to do with a few of the conceptual ideas of the dish but it turned out good. Next time I'd put some kind of light breading on the chicken to help the sauce coat it a little better; I thought the starch from the potatoes would have possibly helped but minor gripe.

Tags
dinner