Dinner, thursday, 3/15

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LEFSElover

Executive Chef
I won't be having dinner unless I pack something to take along. have to be at work waaaaaaaaaaaaay to early to be concerned about eating, I'll be more concerned about sleeping;) . that may even result in no Survivor:( .

So what's everyone else havin for dinneau?

soup and bread

A few days ago I was rumaging around in the freezer and found a quart jar of beef stock dated Feb 06, so I yanked that sucker outta there. Only I knew I did not have a piece of beef that I wanted to sacrifice for a soup. So am using two pounds of ground beef, bout 95% fat beef. I have never used ground meat for a vegetable beef soup before. Will also go heavy on the carrots. Yesterday I dug about 25 pounds of carrots and brought 19 pounds to the house. Dh wanted them out of the ground so he could rototill that area of the garden.

Bread is the NY TImes bread.

ncage1974 said:
Goat Cheese Enchilladas with a Red Chile Sauce.

You wouldn't want to PM me that recipe, would you? It sounds divine!

DS is out of town working tonight so I think it will be eating out - I'm so "cooked out" this week! Actually, I'm not cooked out - I'm sick and tired of cleaning the kitchen!!!!!!!!! :ermm:

bethzaring said:
soup and bread

A few days ago I was rumaging around in the freezer and found a quart jar of beef stock dated Feb 06, so I yanked that sucker outta there. Only I knew I did not have a piece of beef that I wanted to sacrifice for a soup. So am using two pounds of ground beef, bout 95% fat beef. I have never used ground meat for a vegetable beef soup before. Will also go heavy on the carrots. Yesterday I dug about 25 pounds of carrots and brought 19 pounds to the house. Dh wanted them out of the ground so he could rototill that area of the garden.

Bread is the NY TImes bread.

You will still love the ground beef in your soup. It's got that "old fashioned" feel to it. Enjoy all those carrots!!!! I've got a recipe somewhere around here (I feel sure it's on the "net" too, for a casserole using grated carrots, maybe some cream, and horseradish - I can't remember what else is in there right now.

Supper At "Twin Oaks"

Bourbon...Wild Turkey Rare Breed
Catfish Etouffee over a small amount of white Rice
Salad of Mixed greens with Italian Caper/garlic dressing
New Orleans French bread
Vanilla icecream with pecan/praline sauce
Bourbon...Pappy Van Winkles Family Reserve...

aubergine pricked and baked til mushy, then scraped of skin, gently spiced and stewed with tomato and onions and served over pasta. We3 usually have the aubergine thing room temp as a salad, but need warmth tonight, so I figure it will work over pasta and hot.

I have several thick slices of Tuesday's pork roast left over. Reheat in a silverstone pan with a lid and a bit of broth for steam, add veggies aound the meat after the flip, top with the gravy...should be good. Third night I'll do it with fennel flavored pasta sauce and serve over penne. I wasn't crazy to get such a big hunk of meat.

lulu said:
aubergine pricked and baked til mushy, then scraped of skin, gently spiced.

I do something very similar, then buzz it in the blender with some evoo, grilled onion and garlic with some spices (depends on my mood, a bit of cardamom, curry, paprika tiny pinch of cayenne etc.). Delicious over pasta, polenta or pureed potatoes, or as a condiment for stuffed vegs. I also do pretty much the same thing with mushrooms, bell peppers and artichokes (with artichokes, pressure cooked then ground through "passaverdure", evoo, garlic, lemon juice and parsley). They also freeze well like pesto, make a lifesaver dinner rescue idea when you are in no mood (or have no time) for cooking!:)

I'm making pork chops w/ bbq sauce, mashed potatos and asperagus. A salad of course.

urmaniac13 said:
I do something very similar, then buzz it in the blender with some evoo, grilled onion and garlic with some spices (depends on my mood, a bit of cardamom, curry, paprika tiny pinch of cayenne etc.). Delicious over pasta, polenta or pureed potatoes, or as a condiment for stuffed vegs. I also do pretty much the same thing with mushrooms, bell peppers and artichokes (with artichokes, pressure cooked then ground through "passaverdure", evoo, garlic, lemon juice and parsley). They also freeze well like pesto, make a lifesaver dinner rescue idea when you are in no mood (or have no time) for cooking!:)

I feel braver about my dish being over pasta now, thanks! Yes, I put in a lot of garlic and some cumin too!

corazon said:
Aidan just told me he wants chocolate rice casserole for dinner :ermm:

He says you just put some chocolate in there and some cheese. :LOL:

cute!

Guess what my dinner is tonight??? Guess??!?!

My last box of Annies Mac & Cheese that I brought home from Trader Joes on my last visit home. :(

Boo hoo.

Well time got away from me yesterday and I didn't get a chance to grill out. So today thats what I'll be doing.....thankfully its not unbearably cold out.

Grilled Shrimp with a Spicy Tomato Horseradish Dip
Grilled Ribeyes with a Garlic/Thyme Butter
Baked Pototoes with Sour Cream, Butter and Chives
Corn Salad

Back
Top Bottom