"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu
Old 08-23-2007, 06:03 PM   #11
Executive Chef
....just got home from work and the market.

got some lamb loin chops, cut off the meat, reducing the bones etc. than freeze and use later as a base for a rich and flavorful gravy...marinating the meat in home made teriyaki which includes fresh: garlic/ginger/scallions.....vinegar, molassas/soy/sugar/sesame oil/coffee/salt/pepper, they'll marry until I toss them quickly on the grill < during the time I'll be reducing the marinade until it's almost a glaze.

asian garlic noodles [a combination of recipes from the web] along side I'll serve fresh green beans flash steamed in butter/garlic/sugar/vinegar/salt/pepper.

I know I should make a dessert for the man of my dreams but as yet, I think I'll soften vanilla ice cream and crush up my kiss cookies in there and call it the end...

...Trials travel best when you're taking the transportation known as prayer...SLRC
LEFSElover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 07:09 PM   #12
Senior Cook
Send a message via AIM to Chausiubao
chicken and cabbage over rice, with lots of garlic and ginger, I've always wondered, what is a crockpot?

Bread can sing. o.O
Chausiubao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 07:38 PM   #13
Chef Extraordinaire
Site Moderator
Location: I live in the Heartland of the United States - Western Kentucky
Originally Posted by Chausiubao View Post
chicken and cabbage over rice, with lots of garlic and ginger, I've always wondered, what is a crockpot?
Chaus..., a crock-pot is a cooking appliance that can cook food low and slow all day long. To learn more about what one looks like look at this example on Amazon.com.

They are a very handy appliance and are a great time saver.
"As a girl I had zero interest in the stove." - Julia Child
This is real inspiration. Look what Julia became!
Katie H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 08:05 PM   #14
Senior Cook
salad made with a bunch of fresh stuff from the garden - corn, cherry tomatoes, cucumber, carrots and then sprinkled with a little goat cheese.

leftover thai eggplant curry over coconut rice.

robo - i'm interested in the dill havarti sauce - what's in it besides dill and havarti?

healthyfoodie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007, 06:41 AM   #15
Executive Chef
I had a piece of beef tenderloin so cut it into steaks and grilled them. Fried potatoes in the the last of my duck fat. Grilled peppers and cherry tomatoes from the garden. That was one fine supper!!
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
Loprraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007, 11:38 AM   #16
Master Chef
Poor husband got locked in traffic last night, so by the time he got home I just sauteed up some Shady Brook Farms "Chipotle Citrus" marinated turkey strips & served them with "Jalapeno Cheddar" flour tortillas & toppings - sauteed bell & jalapeno peppers, Vidalia onions, sour cream, grated cheddar, salsa, chopped lettuce & cilantro, etc.

BreezyCooking is offline   Reply With Quote