Dinner tonight, May 30, TGIF

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My daughter is taking me out to dinner to the restaurant she works at!! I'm looking forward to just Mom and daughter.Love and energy, Vicki

I bought some nice, thick, bone-in pork chops today. I'll grill them, along with some bell peppers, onions, and zucchini, and make grilled veggie couscous salad with champagne vinaigrette.

Left-overs here, choice of "meatloaf-mix" burgers, grill chicken breast, or half a grilled NY Strip steak ....so I migh make a chicken caesar salad and a steak and strawberry salad and we can each choose one.

Tonight is my last dinner for my current border:( Even though it was sometimes difficult to keep up to his plain meat and potatoes diet, after 10 months I am realy going to miss him. Though I start right in tomorrow with a new one!

Anyway, I whipped up a batch of very special perogies with a potato, bacon, riccotta and cheddar filling and will do my usual onion butter sauce. We will have smokies with it and since I made the molten chocolate cake yesterday, I have an apple crisp in mind for tonight.

Your borders sure are lucky! Those perogies sound DELISH!!!!

Your borders sure are lucky! Those perogies sound DELISH!!!!

I ended up serving them as a celebration lunch because he got home just after 12 from school. He had been worried he wouldn't finish but he did with flying colours (a B+ average)!

If you want, when we do finally meet up (with only 3 hours between us it should be inevitable), I can teach you the fine art of perogie making if you like!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom