Dinner Tonite, NYE, 2008

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Turkey crown wrapped in bacon with apricot stuffing. Roast potatoes, honey roasted parsnips and carrots and roasted bramley apple sausage and mango + apricot stuffing rounds. My new favourite roast.
2vbrhco.gif

Standing rib roast, parsleyed new potatoes, steamed broccoli, black eyed peas, Caesar salad, and kaiser rolls. We'll have some Giggle Juice to drink, and Asti Spumante to celebrate...

Having friends over. Doing a spread with cheeses and sausage h'D, endive boats salad with shrimp and peas, butternut squash soup, Vermont corncob smoked ham, dauphinoise potatoes, greenbean casserole (fresh made, but I love the soup one too!) roasted tomatoes with basil and garlic. Homemade shortbread for desert.

I'll be hosting the shelter tonight (if I get Christmas Eve, I get NYE, too), and I know the church has some leftover pork roast and potatoes in the fridge from the rectory brunch on Sunday, so-o-o-o...I'm guessing pork roast and potatoes and something green. Salad and veggies side. Thank goodness I at least get to make the coffee...my own roast, a nice Ethiopian organic dry process Koralie. Roasted last night, a blend of city and city+.

yum, that sounds good, luvs2.

have fun, lefty. shouldn't you be watching clint eastwood movies all day, for inspiration?

we are going to a local japanese hibachi restaurant: Mt. Fuji Restaurants, NJ, NY, New York, New Jersey, Japanese Steakhouse, Hibachi Restaurant

dw and i will share a filet mignon and shrimp, and a filet mignon and lobster hibachi dinner, and my little guy will probably have the chicken teryaki.

then, i have to be in at work at 11pm. :neutral:

and, it's a stupid leap second, so i have to hold all of our clock systems at 2:10am for 1 second, then jam-slave or restart every single time dependent system in our building. there's a lot of them.

Dw saya why aren't your systems tied into the radio beacon time signal?

Anyway we had rump steak, baked potato, peas, baked beans and a mushroom & wine sauce.

I'm actually going to a big party tonight! I usually don't do anything but we get invited to this party every year and never go so this year I thought we should put in an appearance.

So our dinner is going to be whatever is on the buffet at the party, I've heard there will be ham and a mashed potato bar.

nothing special, it is just another night . If I have enough energy, perhaps make spaghetti and meatballs.

Dw saya why aren't your systems tied into the radio beacon time signal?.

we do take in a gps signal, which is going to correct for the leap second at 7am gmt, or 2am est for us.

but we have some very old systems that require manual intervention, and even the newer ones need to be checked for accuracy after the fact. everything we broadcast: multiple antannae, satellite uplinks, wan systems, etc., all run on synchronized time.

Well enjoy it - guess you should get a good overtime rate. I remember DW having to work the graveyard shift due to Millenium bug worries

My Secret Santa brought me a new cook book and I'll be making a recipe from it tonight.
NEW ENGLAND SHRIMP CREOLE

1 ONION
1 RED PEPPER
1/2 CUP CELERY
1/4 CUP BUTTER
1 CAN STEWED TOMATOES
1 TABLESPOON CORNSTARCTH
2 TABLESPOONS WATER
SALT AND PEPPER
1 TABLESPOON PARSLEY
1 POUND COOKED SHRIMP
recipe also called for 1/2cup chopped pimento but...safeway didn't have any so I'm leaving that out...sigh...

Melt the butter and cook the chopped onion, celery, and red pepper until soft ( I'll add some garlic too)

Add the tomatoes

Boil

Mix the wather and cornstarch then mix it with the tomato mixture. Heat until thick. Add shrimp and parsley, salt and pepper. I'll serve it over white rice. Salad and bread to go with.

Thank you again santa.

RECIPE has been changed to protect DC from copyright laws.

Well, we're going to the Jackalope tonight, so I'm not entirely sure what we're having, but if I had to guess I'd say I will probably go with the cherry glazed elk w/ truffle potatoes and veg medley and a nice pinot noir.

Seriously!! Is NO ONE cooking tonight??????

If not, what are your plans?

We are going to a party at 8:00 pm. I'm taking some peanut butter marshmallow fudge, but there will be sweets and savories on the snack table. The hostess is our local coffee-shop owner, who is a heck of a cook! :pig:

<quote>Buck and I always celebrated with a meal of fondue from his Swiss grandfather's recipe. Funny, I picked up the ingredients yesterday because I thought I'd be sharing it with my friend, so guess I'll have fondue with my kitties.</quote>

Katie, I'll be with you in spirit.

ahhh, that's good to know. I was wondering if they had fallen out somewhere. It's getting too dark to go looking for them!!! LOL

(((hugs)))

Back
Top Bottom