Dinner Tuesday the 6th

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
So many wonderful sounding and diverse dinners tonight. Wyshie and Beth, love your pics, thank you for sharing! :yum:

I had breakfast for dinner tonight....a veggie and cheese omelet, hash browns and a sausage patty. I'm still trying to get back into eating after having the flu, it's taking a while.

Going back to look at the soup recipes that have been recently posted - those are sounding really good! :)

Past with pesto that's in the freezer from last summer (the pesto that is). I think I have 3 more pesto meals. In the summer I get so sick of pesto I could cry, then with snow and below zero temps I wonder if I'll ever see fresh basil again!

We had mixed greens salads, loaded, and acorn squash halves stuffed with sausage and bread stuffing. Nice winter meal.

Ooo, I had a taste for Baklava tonight. Too bad you don't live closer, Kayelle. <pouts>

Wish we all lived closer. I love stuffed acorn squash. Your stuffing is right up my alley too. There are few things better in life than great bread dressing with sausage. Sounds like a great meal.

Seeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

I made beef stew and DH actually ate it and liked it! He would never eat home made beef stew because he said the meat was too fatty and tough. That must have been his mother's recipe. He loved mine, and can't wait for me to make it again. His only suggestion was "Next time, make more."

Today I am making beef vegetable soup. It is soup and stew weather. Pumpkin pie for dessert.

I am not only old, but I'm apparently dyslexic, too. When it was time to turn down the temperature on my pies, I accidentally punched in 530 degrees instead of 350. Halfway through the cooking time I looked at the pies and the crust was black! We took it out, and cut around the crust and cut it off. The rest of the crust and pie was fine. But if I hadn't checked it half way through and let it bake for the full 45 min, it would have been toast! Or worse! LOL Sure glad I didn't do that on Thanksgiving.

Back
Top Bottom