"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu

Old 06-22-2006, 11:19 AM   #1
Master Chef

Dinner Wed., 6/21

Well, so to better enjoy the longest day of the year (Summer Soltice was yesterday), I popped out & picked up a pizza. But boy, what a pizza! Definitely something I'm going to try to recreate at home. It was called a "Ranch Romano".From what I could glean from the (ahem. . .) several pieces I HAD to have in order to evaluate the ingredients, it looked like an olive-oil brushed thin crust topped with a 50-50 mix of grated mozzarella & romano cheese. Next came a thin layer of Ranch salad dressing. Final toppings were paper-thin slices of fresh tomato, chopped sauteed mushrooms, & chopped sauteed spinach. Had to be one of the best take-out pizzas I've had in a long time!!

Old 06-22-2006, 11:38 AM   #2
Master Chef

Having worked out in the yard yesterday for 10 1/2 hours I was beat and didn't feel like cooking. I'd planned on Teriayki Steak on the Grill yesterday but ultimately we ordered out and I opted for a grilled tenderloin instead.