Dream Breakfast

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bangbang

Executive Chef
Sausage Links
Apple Smoked Bacon
Corned Beef Hash
Biscuits and Sausage Gravy
Buttered Rye Toast
NO EGGS :!:

Can I eat with you Bang? That is one of the most perfect breakfasts I have ever heard of, especially the No Eggs part!

I would add some bagels and bialies and lox, whitefish, lettuce, tomato, capers, and all sorts of different cheeses.

Fried potatoes with garlic and onions

A nice chunk of pan fried ham

Home made bread still warm from the oven
with homemade strawberry jam

Fresh fruit
and
two cups of coffee with vanilla cream

Served in bed by a tall dark and handsome man
who
goes out into the kitchen to clean
the mess up and leaves me alone to go back to sleep :D

GB said:
Can I eat with you Bang? That is one of the most perfect breakfasts I have ever heard of, especially the No Eggs part!

I would add some bagels and bialies and lox, whitefish, lettuce, tomato, capers, and all sorts of different cheeses.

I rarely eat eggs.

GB said:

What is that GB?

I'd have to add the bagels and nova salmon on a garlic or "everything" bagel with cream cheese, sliced red onion, and capers - and what bang is having :oops: But on my corned beef hash I want a lightly poached egg (sorry bang and GB).

Bang - buttered rye toast in my absolute favorite - and when I make a grilled cheese (provolone, swiss, American, slice of tomato and a dollop of mayo) I want it on rye!

fruit salad to start

I wouldnt eat all of these in one day but here are my fav's

bacon
ham
potatoes
italian or french bread, toasted with butter
crepes
french toast
biscuits and gravy
croissants
western omelet, or most any omelet
chili dogs (yes chili dogs)

Eggs benedict my way, and in this order:
Split Croissant
Canadian Bacon
Over-Medium egg
Hollandaise
1 thick slice of a Vine-Ripe Tomato
1/2 Haas Avocado, sliced & fanned

and biscuits with white sausage gravy

Good coffee with cream

& a bowl of just-picked this morning strawberries

Lots of fruit--strawberries, pineapple, blueberries, raspberries, tons of blackberries, watermellon

Belgium waffle with strawberries and fresh whipped cream

Crisp bacon

Bagel and cream cheese

French-press coffee

TeeJays 'Barnyard Buster!' It was 2-3 eggs, choice of bacon or sausage, home fries and a bisquit slathered with sausage gravy! I miss that place! 8)

kitchenelf said:
GB said:

What is that GB?

A bagel wannabe, and they are wonderful. Rather like a bagel but the hole does not go all the way through and the cavity is stuffed with onions, garlic, poppy seeds and the texture is rather like french bread. I have only found REAL ones in Pittsburgh and deli's in California.

OOPS EDIT: forgot my dream breakfast: Eggs Benedict with sourdough crispy toasted English muffin, topped with smoked salmon, the poached medium egg and hollandaise, a bloody mary, fresh fruit and lots of coffee.

kitchenelf said:
GB said:

What is that GB?

Jewish-American in origin, this large very chewy yeast roll is round and flat with a depression in the center. The bialy is sprinkled with sautéed chopped onion before baking. The name comes from the Polish city of Bialystok.

Next time you are in NY (the only place in my opinion to get one) make sure to try one. They are fantastic.

Oh, don't get me started - A great British bacon sandwich, made with dry cured lean back bacon (none of that fatty cr*p you get over here), fried until it's crisp on the edges, on soft, slightly toasted white buttered bread, with HP sauce. Ooooooooooooohhhhhhh. I'm drooling just thinking about it LOL!

Paint.

3 egg Denver omelet
Country potatoes
Sourdough toast
Fresh squeezed OJ
Ice cold glass of milk

or

Biscuits and gravy
Bacon
Hashbrowns
Coffee

or

Belgian waffles with real maple syrup and real butter
Coffee or milk

or

2 jalapeno bagels, toasted and smothered in cream cheese
OJ

Sorry, I just couldn't make up my mind.

Paint said:
Oh, don't get me started - A great British bacon sandwich, made with dry cured lean back bacon (none of that fatty cr*p you get over here), fried until it's crisp on the edges, on soft, slightly toasted white buttered bread, with HP sauce. Ooooooooooooohhhhhhh. I'm drooling just thinking about it LOL!

Paint.

My husband is from England too, and loves their bacon sandwiches with HP sauce. Your right, our bacon here is very fatty and barely and bacon on it. You can get HP sauce here in case you didnt know.

What's HP sauce?

I just compained about the bacon at my butcher today (in a nice way!). Like you said, there was hardly any meat on it at all. Just pure fat! He looked at me like I was a b***h and said, well it is a fatty meat, lady. :evil:

Back
Top Bottom