Easter Menu

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Easter looks a lot like every other "feast". We do a turkey, stuffing, usually oven roasted potatoes, although I get nagged for mashed every so often. Then there is usually either asparagus, green bean casserole, brussels sprouts or something of that nature on the table. I will likely also do a steamed veggie (carrots with some dill maybe?) and my Dad's coleslaw. Dessert is usually pie and Easter chocolate melted down to dip strawberries into.
OK, our menu is finalized.

Turkey & Stuffing
Oven roasted potatoes
Spaghetti squash tossed with butter some fresh basil and chopped tomatoes
Green bean casserole (cuz I love it)
Joes Famous Coleslaw
NY Times bread if I get my butt in gear today
Chocolate fudge pie with whipped cream and raspberries
Strawberries with melted Easter bunny to dip in.

Last edited:
will need to thaw a roasting hen, gonna do in the oven. have yellow squash and asparagus fresh to cook. may or may not make a starch side dish. cute little cupcakes i made for easter .

Tradition. When our mother was alive, she preferred lamb. Why? I never asked. Just knew it was one meal that tasted different than all the rest. So, that is what they want and I am the only one who prepares the meal. Isn't very hard except when cleaning up. Then she always had carrot salad and mashed potatoes with gravy. I know my lamb never does taste as good as hers but they don't complain, they know better. At least not until they have eaten the meal.

Hope you all have good day and enjoy your meal. What more could you want?

salad of blanched green beans and marinated grilled shrimp with orange dijon vinaigrette

roasted bone in leg of lamb over carrots and parsnips: salt pepper inserted garlic slivers in the lamb as well as rubbed with rosemary. yogurt/mint Tadzhiki

roasted red potatoes in dijon garlic rosemary wet rub

roasted Roma tomatoes with basil garlic and olive oil s & p

roasted asparagus with herbs de Provence

one of my guests is bringing desert

Portuguese Salao bread

Carmenere and Sauvignon Blanc

My family consists of my Dad, my sister and my hubby. We usually get together and Dad takes us out for dinner on the Sunday, but with my sister wrecking her leg, and her and DH on different schedules, it is difficult. So, Dad is taking us all out to brunch on Monday. Tomorrow I am having a small dinner just for the three of us. Actually it will be at lunch before DH goes to work.

It will be the family favourites - Ham, scalloped potatoes, mustard glazed carrots, salad and broiled pineapple. For dessert I am doing a diabetic/gluten free fruit crisp.

Well, I had to work late today(Saturday) so I will be cooking for myself on Easter. Frankly it's a relief. I have been around people everyday for 2 weeks and I am ready for a break.

I will roasting a sirloin roast on a rack, baked sweet potato served with butter and brown sugar, vinegar based slaw and croissant rolls. I have a nice Cabernet in the rack I may open. Apple pie for desert.

OK, it isn't traditional but it is things I like!

Oh, for appetizer I have some fresh pears I will be slicing.

roasted garlic mashed potatoes
sage butter roast turkey
roasted yams
prosciutto wrapped asparagus
and good old angel food cake for dessert! fresh strawberris and fresh whipped sweat cream

It is also difficult to decide on your cooking menu for lunch or dinner specially when everyone has different taste. I love Indian food, my kids love Italian and my husband loves Mexican. I normally used to search google for different kind of food all the time and that works out good for me. Choose the best and please everyone with little bit different taste in the food.

Last edited by a moderator:
Due to scheduling problems, we will have Easter dinner next weekend. I am making Ham, Home made Mac-n-Cheese, Deviled Eggs, Three Bean Salad, Saluted Zuke, Yellow Squash and onions. Lemon filled Twinkie Cake with whipped cream and Strawberries.

Easter Meat Pie For Breakfast
Dinner
Cream of Wild Mushroom Soup
Stuffed Artichokes
Turkey w/ Herbs (under the skin and inside)
Stuffing
Cranberry & Tangerine Relish
Mashed Red & Yukon Potatoes w/ sour cream & chives
Gravy
String Bean Salad w/lemon, evoo & garlic
Asparagus w/butter & grated cheese
Baking Powder Biscuits
Lemon Meringue Pie

Well, I had to work late today(Saturday) so I will be cooking for myself on Easter. Frankly it's a relief. I have been around people everyday for 2 weeks and I am ready for a break.

I will roasting a sirloin roast on a rack, baked sweet potato served with butter and brown sugar, vinegar based slaw and croissant rolls. I have a nice Cabernet in the rack I may open. Apple pie for desert.

OK, it isn't traditional but it is things I like!

Oh, for appetizer I have some fresh pears I will be slicing.

count your blessings! Some wish they had that choice!! Sounds really great! Just to enjoy the stillness is a pleasure and one seldom has that.

Thanks for sharing and we will all be thinking of you.

I was going to make a ham, but for some reason that doesn't sound good to me.

I might make Mark his own little meatloaf. There are a few chicken legs in the freezer. That sounds better to me than ham. I'll put some kind of a crunchy coating on them. With that, we'll have the same sides... scalloped potatoes and corn or green beans.

I know I'm weird. We just have ham every year, and I just felt like a change.

Last edited:
I picked up a spiral sliced ham, will make biscuits, not sure what else. My son goes back to college (2 hr. south), I go back to school (2 hr. north) this afternoon. I have scotch eggs in the oven now for a nibble before church, will get my mise en place for the biscuits to throw together after.
oh, there's the alarm clock now, better get going....

count your blessings! Some wish they had that choice!! Sounds really great! Just to enjoy the stillness is a pleasure and one seldom has that.

Thanks for sharing and we will all be thinking of you.
Thanks.. Just thought I would let everyone know, the sirloin roast came out perfect. Nicely crusted, pink and juicy inside... The baked sweet potato along with the vinegar slaw made for a nice balance of all the flavors and who doesn't love croissant rolls. I'm too full for desert right now, I'll have that later as a snack.

Due to scheduling problems, we will have Easter dinner next weekend. I am making Ham, Home made Mac-n-Cheese, Deviled Eggs, Three Bean Salad, Saluted Zuke, Yellow Squash and onions. Lemon filled Twinkie Cake with whipped cream and Strawberries.

For today I am making Enchiladas, Re-fried Beans (canned) and Mexican Veggies.

It's just be and the dh tonight so I am thinking of making a small roasted chicken and some asparagus or green beans and bacon. We purchased a cherry cheesecake from the local bakery so that's for dessert.

Easter lunch turned out amazing! Simple ham shank, scalloped potatoes, carrots and salad, but being such a rainy awful day here it just seemed to go down nicely! I've said it before, but I will say it again, while I won't give up my catering, I am really enjoying getting back to "down-home cooking" for my Dad and DH. And I never tire of hearing "as good as your Mother's", because she was a very good cook.

Back
Top Bottom