Edgar Allan Poe's 210th B-Day ~ 1-19-19 ~ Who Will You Toast?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kaneohegirlinaz

Wannabe TV Chef
Central/Northern AZ, gateway to The Grand Canyon
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poe_Toaster

Today is Edgar Allan Poe's birthday, and I wish we lived in the Baltimore area, so I could continue the tradition of "Toasting Poe" with Congac and leaving three Roses on with grave.

Coincidentally, today is National Garlic Day... That MIGHT keep The Raven away :LOL:

I'll be making Lasgna and Garlic Bread for supper later today,
how about you?

002.JPG

003.JPG

007.JPG

[file photos above-but my own food ;)]

I'm NOT sharing any Lasgna this time, the smaller trays will go into the deep freeze for later-we may be having House-Guests :cool:

Looks yummy Kgirl !

It's a bright warm cloudless day after all that rain, and 75 degrees predicted for later!!! Woo Hoo...it's time to hit the barby. I think I'll do wings and a grill basket of marinated veggies today. Can't wait to get out there with my good music, good wine and good food. I be happy now. :cool::clap:

Just picked up a cask of amontillado. Not sure what to have with it. I wonder if it makes a good braising liquid.

CD

Looks yummy Kgirl !

It's a bright warm cloudless day after all that rain, and 75 degrees predicted for later!!! Woo Hoo...it's time to hit the barby. I think I'll do wings and a grill basket of marinated veggies today. Can't wait to get out there with my good music, good wine and good food. I be happy now. :cool::clap:

:clap:

It's still cold/cool here in the middle of the "high" desert, we're suppose to get to 60 today... I may just change my mind, as is a woman's prerogative, and we just might join you and SC outside with a NY Strip steak, veggies and a bottle of wine... I haven't had any wine all week :huh:

Just picked up a cask of amontillado. Not sure what to have with it. I wonder if it makes a good braising liquid.

CD

Any guests behind your walls? I remember that from when I was a kid. I bought the big soft cover book with several of his stories in it. Pit and pendulum got to me.

Supposed to get snow.

I feel a bit like a cold coming on. I have chicken and veggies on for soup stock.

Any guests behind your walls? I remember that from when I was a kid. I bought the big soft cover book with several of his stories in it. Pit and pendulum got to me.
One high school I went to had half semester classes on a single author - I took Poe. Love his stories, although it's been a while since I read them.

I'm thinking about making Turkish chicken in spicy orange sauce. If I do, I'll definitely make the orzo-rice pilaf again. That was so good :yum:

GG how do you make your pilaf? This it one of the first recipes I posted here back in 2010, and I still use it often.

http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f20/t-and-t-porchini-pilaf-66473.html
Basically the same, except the recipe I used from my new cookbook only called for water and salt. I wanted to try it as written the first time. I was surprised at how good it was, since I usually like highly seasoned food. The sauces I've served it with were well seasoned, so they went well together. I even enjoyed it plain, though. It must be the toasted orzo.

Basically the same, except the recipe I used from my new cookbook only called for water and salt. I wanted to try it as written the first time. I was surprised at how good it was, since I usually like highly seasoned food. The sauces I've served it with were well seasoned, so they went well together. I even enjoyed it plain, though. It must be the toasted orzo.
Hey GG, if you like using cookbooks, why don't you come join my Cooking Game. It's on the Jokes and Game forum. Love to see you there.;)

CD
Amontillado as a braising liquid? Nevermore! Besides, I thought you guys in the Republic of Texas only drink beer and tequila.

Grilling is out of the question tonight. It's started to snow, and we should be getting a foot or so by early tomorrow. Tonight's dinner will be beef and pepper stir fry, served over brown rice.

I'm thinking about making Turkish chicken in spicy orange sauce. If I do, I'll definitely make the orzo-rice pilaf again. That was so good :yum:
I just realized I have bell peppers that need to be cooked, so the orange chicken will have to wait. Looking through the freezer for Plan B.

I’m going to make gnocchi tonight. Sweet potato gnocchi with a white wine pan sauce. I’ve never made gnocchi before, so wish me luck!

Back
Top Bottom