Food Network Subliminal Advertising?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
GB said:
Is this really what they claim it to be?

Did anyone see this on TV?

Discuss.

Sure looks like they claim it to be.

Nope did not see it on TV.

I remember this advertising technique from decades ago. In movie trailers, before the feature would begin, a picture of one of those paper buckets of popcorn would appear for a frame/instant, on the movie screen. I also seem to remember that this advertising technique was outlawed.

could be a hoax, could be stuck in there by dish providers, satalite providers, whatever. I doubt MacD's advertizes much that way on FoodTV.

it was too easy to see, so it's not really subliminal advertizing. it looked like it was more than just 1 frame to me.

it may be an internet hoax where it never happened and the youtube guy is trying to stir things up. did anyone else report seeing or recording it?

if it did truely go out on air, there could have been a dozen or more places that the mickey d's frame was inserted mistakenly by a tech or computer somewhere. if so, you'd have thought the tape editors would have seen it and cut it out. or maybe they were having a big mac attack and didn't notice.:rolleyes:

Admittedly I haven't spent ages hunting on Google, but I think if this was for real there'd be something up there on the first few pages of hits using a range of appropriate search words. It would make McDonalds pretty unpopular if they were doing it and would actually lose them far more business than they might gain. How did you come across it? Do you know the YouTube source?

Snoop Puss said:
How did you come across it? Do you know the YouTube source?
It was on a site I frequent (which I can't post here due to possible 18+ content) that just lists interesting sites. I do not know the YouTube source are anything more than what you guys now know.

I agree with Bucky that it looks like more than one frame and if it even did air (which I am guessing it did not) then it was not an attempt at subliminal advertising.

I can only surmise, the film editor won't be up for Academy consideration :LOL:

Last edited:
Anyone here an expert on editing using computers? I presume anyone could edit in a shot that wasn't in the original programme if they had a digital recording and a computer with a film editing program.

it's actually very easy to do, snoop. it all depends on the quality of the recording and playback devices.

Back
Top Bottom