Friday Night Date Night Dinner 10/28/16

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ok went to TJ's and found the blue cheese and roasted pecan dip. A lady was next to me and asked how it tasted. I said I never tried it yet but someone had recommended it. We were next to the free sample/coffee stand so I asked the person working there if we could try it. He said of course with a huge genuine smile. He gave us both a sample and it was fantastic!! I picked up some steak at the regular market.

So dinner will be steak and a baked potato both topped with the dip and a baby spinach and baby rocket salad (dressed with TJ cranberry, walnut and Gorgonzola dressing also "new to me").

kgirl, your homemade meat pies look scrumptious. :yum: Hoping you'll be in your new home soon and have all your toys back within reach.

Inspired by Roch's recent post of huevos rancheros, that'll be on my plate this afternoon. That's the plan so far, anyway. :chef:

Chicken bake with cream of mushroom soup, white wine, swiss cheese, and crushed stuffing cubes drizzled with butter over noodles. Green beans for a vege. Apple pandowdy for dessert.

kgirl, your homemade meat pies look scrumptious. :yum: Hoping you'll be in your new home soon and have all your toys back within reach.

Inspired by Roch's recent post of huevos rancheros, that'll be on my plate this afternoon. That's the plan so far, anyway. :chef:

Many Mahalos (thanks) Cheryl, that's ONE of my husband's fav
that I make. I'm thinkin' I'll probably need to re-season my cast iron pan once I get it back from storage with the moving company. :stuart:

.....Inspired by Roch's recent post of huevos rancheros, that'll be on my plate this afternoon. That's the plan so far, anyway. :chef:

Yum. Had forgotten how much I love this dish. I'll probably have another one tomorrow, while I still have all the fixin's. :yum:

Attachments

• huevos rancheros.jpg
    huevos rancheros.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 173
Last edited:
I agree, Cheryl that looks scrumptious. Damn, I'm hungry.

I'm being good today, One Pot Kale and Quinoa for me.

But I might have homemade shortbread for dessert.

Busy, busy day of unplanned running around. Love, love, love the crock-pot.

We had kielbasa, onions and sauerkraut, along with some apple cider and brown sugar...all thanks to the crock-pot. Added some mashed taters as our side. A handful of Brach's candy corn for dessert.

We had an actual date night tonight :wub: I had a doctor's appointment late this afternoon, so we went to our local Mexican restaurant. DH got a combo and I got mixed steak & chicken fajitas. Yummy.

Last fresh cooked meal before vacation - pork loin and sauerkraut in the slow cooker, mashed potatoes, long-braised cabbage and bacon, and roasted carrot discs (basically for some color). Enough left over for one person. If I've planned right, our leftovers should run out Sunday night. We're planning on leaving sometime Monday.

Back
Top Bottom