Friday or is that Fryday? Whatcha munching tonight?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Pretty much what Kylie is having, only pork picatta instead of chops, but there will be gravy. Oh yes, there will be gravy. And green beans for the veg.

Friday 7/27/12
Eggplant Parmesan (Pictures aren’t very good)

img_1166918_0_2c8abda737ad98fd78caf83bb4cdb0dc.jpg

img_1166918_1_7250eb30814b7e630ecdb034b0215a75.jpg

Wow...that looks fabulous!

Fresh Fried Anchovies in saffron batter ... we are having a dear friend and her husband join us ... Prosecco, antipasti, and meze ... Open air terrace on the rustic antique Unbleached wooden table ...

Have nice wkend,
Margi

Ciao.

Margi...that all sounds perfect...wish I was there :)

Kayelle said:
I was so tickled to have a kitchen to cook in once again! I used my CI skillet and cooked up some lovely little loin lamb chops to med. rare and served them with my Hominy Casserole and a green salad. If anyone is interested, the link for the casserole is here.....http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f18/something-different-side-dish-63950.html :chef:

Yum! So happy for you, Kayelle! I would probably be rolling around on that gorgeous granite countertop and bathing in that new sink....

Rocklobster, I enjoyed your video, thank you for sharing. :) msmofet...omgosh, that eggplant parmesan has me drooling, now I have a craving for it. Patty, your steak and salad looks so good. :yum:

I had a BLT this afternoon for dinner - actually a BLAT, because I put a couple of slices of avocado on it. :)

Rocklobster, I enjoyed your video, thank you for sharing. :) msmofet...omgosh, that eggplant parmesan has me drooling, now I have a craving for it. Patty, your steak and salad looks so good. :yum:

I had a BLT this afternoon for dinner - actually a BLAT, because I put a couple of slices of avocado on it. :)
Thank you Cheryl.

Patty want to trade? LOL LOVE steak.

doesn't rock play drums?

mofet, those are eggplant beauties.

we went back to the man-made lake/waterpark today ( Tomahawk Lake water park and picnic in NJ ) and really lucked out. the weather forecast was for a 50% chance of thunderstorms, so the place was practically empty. on a nice weekday, you can expect hundreds of people, thousands on the weekends. but there couldn't have been more than a hundred people today, and after 2pm when the day camp buses left, tbere were maybe 25 people in the entire place! not a single line for any waterslide, bumper boats, or mini golf, and at times we were the only people in the lake swimming.

btw, i was so proud of my boy. he swam from shore, to one floating dock, then to another, then back in all by himself in water well over his head, maybe 8 to 10 feet deep. i followed closely behind, but he didn't ask for help even once. in fact, he swam that distance, around 200 yards, three times today. it was a lot of doggie paddling, treading water, and some crawl and side stroke, bit he made it no problem. and just to prove himself, we swam out to a dock and he dove to the bottom, returning with a handful of gravel to show he did it. lol.

my legs are shot, though, from all of that hiking uphill dragging inner tubes for the waterslides.

the rain never came, and the sun came out to make it a perfect day.

on the way home, we stopped at a diner featured on an episode of "diners, drive-ins, and dives" and boy, was guy fieri right about this place (the jefferson diner in lake hopatcong, nj). the menu was huge, the food was fantastic, inexpensive and portions huge, and the service was great even though it was packed.

another really great vacation day.

doesn't rock play drums?

mofet, those are eggplant beauties.

we went back to the man-made lake/waterpark today ( Tomahawk Lake water park and picnic in NJ ) and really lucked out. the weather forecast was for a 50% chance of thunderstorms, so the place was practically empty. on a nice weekday, you can expect hundreds of people, thousands on the weekends. but there couldn't have been more than a hundred people today, and after 2pm when the day camp buses left, tbere were maybe 25 people in the entire place! not a single line for any waterslide, bumper boats, or mini golf, and at times we were the only people in the lake swimming.

btw, i was so proud of my boy. he swam from shore, to one floating dock, then to another, then back in all by himself in water well over his head, maybe 8 to 10 feet deep. i followed closely behind, but he didn't ask for help even once. in fact, he swam that distance, around 200 yards, three times today. it was a lot of doggie paddling, treading water, and some crawl and side stroke, bit he made it no problem. and just to prove himself, we swam out to a dock and he dove to the bottom, returning with a handful of gravel to show he did it. lol.

my legs are shot, though, from all of that hiking uphill dragging inner tubes for the waterslides.

the rain never came, and the sun came out to make it a perfect day.

on the way home, we stopped at a diner featured on an episode of "diners, drive-ins, and dives" and boy, was guy fieri right about this place (the jefferson diner in lake hopatcong, nj). the menu was huge, the food was fantastic, inexpensive and portions huge, and the service was great even though it was packed.

another really great vacation day.
Thank you Bucky. Your son is a good swimmer Bucky!! Glad you had a great day.

Hub and I went to Tomahawk Lake years ago for a company picnic. Nice place. Never went to that diner though.

We ordered the combo platter (shish taouk and shwarma) and a falafel platter from Mr. Falafel. It was great, as usual. I had a visual migraine (doesn't hurt, but I see double and I'm "fragile") most of yesterday, so I was in no state to cook.

Back
Top Bottom