Friday the 13th, 11/2015-what's that on your plate?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Went to a graveside service then to Denny's for breakfast. Had the Hearty Skillets.
Wish they had let us keep the skillets.

The kitchen has been closed since this morning since I'm leaving town tomorrow AM, so I'll just be nibbling on some rotisserie chicken and maybe some fruit.

Pan fried thick loin lamb chops seasoned with Herbs de Provence/garlic, steamed & buttered broccolini. Rice with mushrooms & onion for the SousChef.

For dessert, it will be a small bowl of Bryers 3 carb ice cream topped with a few fresh raspberries.

Pan fried thick loin lamb chops seasoned with Herbs de Provence/garlic, steamed & buttered broccolini. Rice with mushrooms & onion for the SousChef.

For dessert, it will be a small bowl of Bryers 3 carb ice cream topped with a few fresh raspberries.
And Coleman's classic mint sauce from England for the lamb!

Hawaiian Style Dinner

Have a great time Cheryl J!

KL & SC, lamb sounds divine! I'm the only one in our family that likes it, so...

Shoyu Chicken 005.jpg
{file photo}

Shoyu Chicken topped with sliced green onions
Steamed white rice topped with shoyu & furikake
and steamed baby bok choi (not the green beans as shown) with a drizzle of sesame seed oil

One of our faves and SUPER easy and fast, dinner is ready in less than an hour. I make half the recipe above the for two of us and I use TJ's Dark Beer rather than Sake. And well, maybe a bit more fresh Ginger than called for ;)

Thank you, kgirl and Andy. :)
----------------------------------
Ugh - since I discovered Costco's rotisserie chickens from many recommendations here, my local grocery store's rotisseries just don't measure up at all. :glare: Too bad Costco is too far away to just pop in.

So true about buying rotisserie chickens Cheryl, Costco is the gold standard to be sure.

When I was doing the rice for the SC tonight, it was too much for me to cook mushrooms and onions for just his rice. I removed some and put together a really tasty side for me with the combo without the rice... with cream, and Swiss cheese and seasonings like Herbs de Provence and garlic in a little dish in the toaster oven. Ohhh yeahh!

Last edited:
Hope you have (had) a great trip to Death Valley, Cheryl!

I had to run out for bread, and the grocery store that fries fish to order is in the same parking lot, so...fried haddock it was. I micro-then-baked a huge potato that we split, steamed some broccoli, and heated the fish. Good and quick for a lazy-lady night.

Back
Top Bottom