Gift Ideas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lyndalou

Head Chef
Does anyone have information on websites where I might find some gifts, such as wines , goodie baskets, etc. My budget is limited, but I would like to explore the possibility of sending some of these to a few friends.

Also, Omaha Steaks is offering 6 (6oz) top sirloin steaks, plus a small cutting board and a set of knives for $29.95. Found this in my Southern Living magazine. Do you think they would be good? I have never ordered from them.

lyndalou, I used to order to Omaha Steaks all the time. Their stuff is OK-to-good. Orders arrive quickly and are packaged really well (dry ice, sturdy styrofoam containers). Beware that once you get on their mailing list, you will be bombarded with other offers.

You can always try Sam's

http://www.samswine.com/

They're based out of Chicago. They ship, although there are restrictions on shipping alcoholic beverages to some states. (Including mine :( )

John

Penzys has all sorts of gift baskets if the people you are buying for are into cooking.

One year when finances were tight - I made coffee and tea baskets for some people - flavored coffees and teas, a pretty cup or mug - for my mom - a little single serving teapot...lined the boxes with a pretty napkin or placement added special little packets of candy, biscotti, coffee flavorings. If it's someone you know - pick up a paperback they would enjoy. I have also made bath salts - I do theme gifts so that I don't have to think too much - everybody gets something from that years theme!

We got my in-laws a basket from Harry & David of fresh fruit one year, and they adored it! Nice gift for those folks who are at the times of their lives when 'things' just aren't as important anymore - but a beautiful piece of fruit - ahhh!

Mudbug, those stryofoam containers work great for keeping food hot or cold. Great to transport food to church, or traveling for the holidays, etc.

Rainee said:
Mudbug, those stryofoam containers work great for keeping food hot or cold. Great to transport food to church, or traveling for the holidays, etc.

I agree. We still have several out in the garage that are a couple of years old and still useful.

bump...

unfortunately, 'bug, they will still be good in a thousand years or so.

put some twinkies in them for future generations to enjoy.

Back
Top Bottom