Good smells wafting, dinner Wednesday, 5.25.2016

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

medtran49

Master Chef
Galettes for us. Everglades tomatos, basil and pearl mozzarella balls, with some parm on top. Apples, brown sugar and nutmeg, probably with vanilla ice cream and whipped cream.

They are almost done and smell SO GOOD. Cooked pics to follow in a few. This was just so pretty I had to take a pic.

37240-albums1042-picture6536.jpg

Those both sound very good, medtran. Nice photo, too.

No smells here. We'll be cleaning up the last of the leftovers: Italian sausage, chicken fajita, and cauliflower soup...if either of us want it with the outside temp at 82. Inside it's "only" 74. Haven't turned the A/C on. Yet.

Steak and salad. I have a couple of bone-in rib eyes which I will grill to perfection (I hope).

Main has already been inhaled. The tomatos are more or less dime sized and very sweet. Craig said he could have eaten another one by himself.

Looks delicious, medtran! :yum:

My tomatoes are ripening by several a day now so I thought I'd make use of some and make a simple pasta dish this afternoon. I'm sautéing some tomatoes, garlic and onion now, will mix that with a little olive oil, heat it up again, and pour it over some angel hair pasta. Just kind of using what I have - plus I'm tired and lazy this afternoon. :) A simple green salad on the side.

Ooo's and Awe's from me, Medtran and Craig.

I'm having hard shell tacos, nuked corn on and off the cob and some watermelon.

Weather liar was forecasting temps here in the low 80's, but we barely cracked 70 due to the sea breeze. Inland it was upper 80's. Grilling weather just the same. Dry brined pork chops on the grill, baked beans, and some steamed broc and green beans.

Baked cod coated with butter and cracker crumbs, a salad on the side and the last of the California strawberries with a splash of heavy cream.

Asian style chicken wings (done on the grill), sesame stir fry string beans and jasmine rice.

Great taco salads here tonight.

I used Penzey's Taco Seasoning for the ground beef..love that blend. I had about a cup of leftovers for Cheryl's southwestern corn and black bean salad so in it went. Great addition along with cheese, tomato, and more cilantro and onion. SC added corn chips to his. The dressing was a yummy mix of Catalina, Ranch and a healthy squirt of Sriracha. :yum:

Between the two of us it all came together in less than 10 min.:chef:

United Way take and bake fundraiser. They do chicken enchiladas right, they were quite good. Spanish rice, which we didn't get to yet, but after a taste, I'll probably doctor it up a bit. Rocky road bars, that were too sweet for both of us, so DH will take the rest of them to work to share.

Great idea Kay, adding leftover Southwestern corn and bean salad to taco salad! I'll have to remember that. It's about time to make that yummy salad again - thanks for the reminder. :yum:

Great idea Kay, adding leftover Southwestern corn and bean salad to taco salad! I'll have to remember that. It's about time to make that yummy salad again - thanks for the reminder. :yum:

My family adores that salad Cheryl. It's requested once again for the whole family holiday weekend barbecue. It's great even without avocado, but I'll have some ripe ones by Saturday from our neighbors tree.
http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f11/black-bean-and-corn-salad-92149.html

I was so tired after working in the garden yesterday, I resorted to an easy dinner. DH had bought a frozen PF Chang's Honey Chicken dinner, so I added a little Thai sweet chile sauce to it. Then I cooked frozen snow peas in oyster sauce with ginger and garlic. Served it over leftover jasmine rice sprinkled with sesame seeds. Not bad.

Attachments

• 1464262396201.jpg
    1464262396201.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 155
Back
Top Bottom