Ground Hog Day Dinner - 2/2/2018

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That looks delicious, K-girl. I've never seen nor heard of Miners Mix. I'm guessing it's a seasoned salt like rub?

Btw, I never thanked you for the kimchi recipe.

Thanks. :chef:

^^^^^ Nice looking steak and veggie dinner, K-girl.

CD

Attachments

• K-Girl steak.jpg
    K-Girl steak.jpg
    109.2 KB · Views: 184
Last edited:
I think my son has a few football buddies coming over Sunday to watch the Stuper Bowl, so I'm making Buffalo wings, loaded nachos (I have to go back and find K-L's recipe), and now maybe chili.

I thought you'd be rooting for them birds, Casey.

Thanks Bucky..here's the recipe so you don't have to hunt for it.
http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f15/k-ls-chicken-nachos-99320.html

I'll be doing them too although I need the T-shirt..."I'm only here for the food, half time and commercials"

TB's parents came home from Palm Springs today for a month so we picked up Chinese take-out and had it with the family (brother, sister, and BIL). I am not feeling the greatest so the wonton soup and chow mein were just perfect.

Falukorv = Sausage from Falu, it name protected sausage here in Sweden and has to be made in certain way to be called Falukorv, it is slightly smoked and boiled, sometimes it really smokey. You can slice it and have it on Sandwich, but most of us it as meat substitute ( yes it meat but yeah). So we have falukorv baked, cooked, in casseroles, in sauces , on sandwiches , for dinner, lunch and breakfast. Yes we even have nickname for eating it too much, you have ended up in the Falukorv marsh, no way of getting out, just eat more sausage..

The 2nd being Friday, we did out weekly dinner out thingy.. Hemingway's @ Brass Pro... Buffet for the kids, fish and chips for me...
Best part of meal was bread pudding and cherry cobbler.. Topped with a rum sauce... I did not share... ;)

Ross

I'm doing short ribs in the Instant Pot with bacon, onions, garlic, honey, thyme, beef stock and a bit of balsamic vinegar. I may look through my Penzeys stash and find something more interesting than just thyme.

I have some sprouting russet potatoes, so I'll serve the ribs over mash. I also have a bunch of veggies that need to be used, so I'll make a sautéed veggie medley, too.
That turned out pretty good, although the ribs could have used a few more minutes in the Instant Pot. Gravy was delish :yum:
0202182004b.jpg

That turned out pretty good, although the ribs could have used a few more minutes in the Instant Pot. Gravy was delish :yum:
View attachment 29044

That looks delicious...

Ribs in the Pressure Pot are definitely on my to do list... :yum:
For some reason, the kids are not big on ribs so, I may wait til I get my own place and my own Instant Pot.. (while their pressure pot is ok, I want the IP)

Ross

Back
Top Bottom