"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu
Closed Thread

Old 11-09-2013, 06:08 PM   #41
Chef Extraordinaire

[QUOTE=Somebunny;1318057]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Somebunny View Post
[/QUOTE

Haha! Just scrolling through the channels (taking Pac's advise looking for inspirational cooking shows and this jumped out at me "I Hate My Butt". Lol! It's a real program. Maybe if I am going to eat cheese and bacon, I should watch!
Thanks Pac!
Did you see those double layer cheddar cheese fries topped with bacon and jalapenos? Heaven...

Four pound T-Bone on now It had me re-thinking my dinner plans

Old 11-09-2013, 06:11 PM   #42
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Decided on cheater chili with beans...

Old 11-09-2013, 06:32 PM   #43
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Toasted pulled pork sammies.
Old 11-09-2013, 07:13 PM   #44
Everymom

We're cleaning bitsies out of the fridge and having crepes. I've made the crepes, we have diced chicken, onions, ham, salami, two kinds of grated cheese, a smidgen of herb and garlic cream cheese and some lettuce and tomato. For the dessert crepes we have nutella, bananas, raspberries and hopefully some whipped cream.

Oh and we also have that saskatoon pie. Its pretty as a picture right now, but Ken has been drooling over the smell all afternoon so I suspect as soon as it is cool enough to cut, it will be inhaled!
Old 11-09-2013, 09:57 PM   #45
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Quote:
Originally Posted by taxlady View Post
I'm thinking of making cumin beef with broccoli, Chinese cucumber salad, and brown rice. I'll be experimenting with using ground beef, 'cause I have some that is thawed and I don't feel like velveting the the beef. The cucumber salad is a new recipe.

I'll try to get the energy to bake an apple pie, so we know for sure there is something that we'll like.
I made garlic broccoli Broccoli with Garlic Recipe It was okay. I think steamed broccoli with garlic butter would have been as good for less effort. I made cumin beef with ground beef (experiment). It was tasty, but a bit dry. The cucumber salad was good, but far too salty. That may have been because I used an English cuke. It didn't give off much liquid. I wonder if a regular cuke would have given off a fair bit more liquid and washed away some of that salt.

No apple pie. I did a "mise-en-place" for the cumin beef. It was all on one plate, which hopped onto the floor. Had to do all the mincing again. Sort of drained me. I was trying to have everything ready, so I could just cook and then I had to rush and re-mince all that stuff. I'm glad I had enough ingredients that I didn't run out. I have had to put ginger on the shopping list.
Old 11-09-2013, 11:25 PM   #46
Executive Chef

I ended up doing breaded baked pork chops, baked Macaroni and Cheese and coleslaw. Very yummy!
Old 11-10-2013, 12:34 AM   #47
Head Chef

I did chicken fricassee. Even though I did a lot of the prep work the night before, it was still ultra time-consuming and tedious. It was absolutely delicious, but I won't be making it again for a looooooong time!
Old 11-10-2013, 01:50 AM   #48
Chef Extraordinaire

Today is only the 10th. You post this on the 9th for Monday which is the 11th. Is there a reason we are skipping posting for the 10th?
Old 11-10-2013, 02:10 AM   #49
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
Today is only the 10th. You post this on the 9th for Monday which is the 11th. Is there a reason we are skipping posting for the 10th?
The title of the thread has been changed to " Grub's up 9/11/13 (11/9/13)"

The date is written in European/Canadian format day/month/year and then in parentheses in US format month/day/year.

Personally I prefer YYYY-MM-DD, the date of the thread being 2013-11-09. (Or YYYY MMM DD - 2013 Nov 09)
Old 11-10-2013, 06:50 AM   #50
Chef Extraordinaire

I had a taste for garlic last night, too, so put some minced garlic in with the spinach while it was steaming along with a little olive oil.