It's Monday 11-19, what's on your dinner table?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LEFSElover

Executive Chef
Trying to come up with a dinner plan.

DH asked me to order for his mom's dinner for TG. He'll pick it up and take it there for her and that's where he'll be on TG. Must do that, DD said Costco is great for their TG take out dinners all wrapped up, who knew?

You know Chinese lemon chicken over rice that you get at a Chinese restaurant? It's kinda like lemon meringue pie filling over chicken. I'm doing a version of that for dinner but will use turkey and I'll wrap it up in home made crepes. Thinking of a light turkey bacon glaze, a little dribble of that over the top of each one. I like Kades idea of RR's garbanzo beans in the skillet and the puff pastry wrapped olives too. Since I have it all on hand in my house, why not. I'll make the crepe batter now, do the turkey lemon filling, shred up the turkey, make the glaze, do the garbanzo's and by the time he calls on his way home, I'll assemble it all for when he walks in the door. He'll get a hot buttered rum coffee when he walks in the door with fresh whipped cream, that oughtta make him happy he's home, eh?:-p

So what's anyone else doing for dinner? To Merr, welcome!:)

We have 2 full blown Thanksgivings this week, Thurs and Sat, so we're going lite the rest of the week! Corn chowder tonight, the weather is very ugly today, soup makes it much better!! Maybe some Bisquick garlic-cheese biscuits, but thats not eating very lightly then is it?!?

^^Sounds good

I just got back from the grocery store, OMG what a mad house!! I always go on Monday because thats when its the least crowded, but today, not even an empty parking space!

Spiral ham was on sale so that's what we're having tonight. With grilled pineapple and roasted acorn squash.

I'm starving for pizza! But... I have left over beef veggie barley and lentel soup that we have to use up.

Maybe pizza tomorrow. : )

I have a meeting tonight and DH wants to try scalloped ham and potatoes again (the batch I made last week didn't have the best sauce - tasted good but kinda runny), so he's making it this time. Buttered peas on the side.

Tonight's dinner was actually a free for all: the adults had chicken and potato salad, the kids made sandwiches, and my grandparents had root veggies with beans. Everyone cooked what they wanted.

I'm making soft tacos with thinly sliced london broil, guacamole, tomato slices, & romaine.
Beans & cheese on the side.

Back
Top Bottom