It's My Birthday! 7/22/17 What's On Your Plate?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Happy Birthday K-girl! Right now, it looks like we are having chicken and andouille gumbo.

Happy Birthday K-Girl... :)

We have been rearranging kitchen cabinets this morning so... whatever we have for dinner will be simple... um... maybe Costco Polish Dogs kinda simple... ;)

Ross

Happy Birthday! We are having BBQ chicken and corn on the grill. I just made my mommas macaroni salad to go with it.

Happy birthday.

7/22/14 - We need to go back to the future. LOL

Not sure what's for dinner. Having a bad allergy attack last 2 days. Eyes red and swollen, nose stuffed up. Very painful. I also have a sore throat. I want soup. If DD helps maybe split pea soup made in the Instant Pot. Quick, easy and won't heat house up.

I think we are having a pot luck at work tonight. Pulled pork sandwiches, coleslaw. I am bringing a selection of olives (and a can of chili in case everyone else forgets we planned this).

Happy Birthday K-Girl...39 again?

Happy Birthday, K-Girl! What did you end up eating tonight? More importantly, was there cake?

a-slice-of-birthday-cake.jpg

We had ham steak and green beans done in the frying pan. It's the only time I cook green beans until they're limp. We love the way the ham flavors the beans. :yum: Plain, ol' bakery department bread to collect the juices.

Attachments

• 20170722_212319.jpg
    20170722_212319.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 119
Happy Birthday!

Just grazing again, here. I was going to grill some veggie kabobs, but even now, at minutes before 9PM, it is 92-degrees. It was 101 when I decided to bail out on the grilling.

CD

Happy Birthday!

Just grazing again, here. I was going to grill some veggie kabobs, but even now, at minutes before 9PM, it is 92-degrees. It was 101 when I decided to bail out on the grilling.

CD
I agree, I decided against the grill, it's so hot! We had the macaroni salad I made earlier in the day and quick hotdogs. This heat... I'm laying here in bed dying :furious: (only emoticon I could find that was on fire!)

We're going out to dinner for my birthday, YEAH!!!

What's on your plate?

Mahalo, thank you everyone for the birthday wishes and what?! No grilling tonight? :LOL:

As for us two, well DH was feeling really poopy all day today,

001.JPG

002.JPG

so I made an executive decision and grilled a Flank Steak
(it was in the `fridge ready to go)
and steamed a very small Lobster Tail for moi
(it was in the `fridge too, just bought them the other day and didn't get around to getting them into the deep freeze yet, good thing boy!)
and some French Fries, so it was
Surf&Turf Frittes...
you may notice there is nothing green, another executive decision :ROFLMAO:

As to cake, none here, it'll be ice cream later tonight :yum:

Mahalo, thank you everyone for the birthday wishes and what?! No grilling tonight? :LOL:

As for us two, well DH was feeling really poopy all day today,

View attachment 27324

View attachment 27325

so I made an executive decision and grilled a Flank Steak
(it was in the `fridge ready to go)
and steamed a very small Lobster Tail for moi
(it was in the `fridge too, just bought them the other day and didn't get around to getting them into the deep freeze yet, good thing boy!)
and some French Fries, so it was
Surf&Turf Frittes...
you may notice there is nothing green, another executive decision :ROFLMAO:

As to cake, none here, it'll be ice cream later tonight :yum:
Lord no, sweltering here but man your bday dinner looks great! As long as you are happy today, that makes me feel happy :D

SO recently re-connected with an old girl friend after 25 years. We had her and a few others over for a cookout. Pasta and cucumber salads, pork kabobs in hoisin and 5 spice, burgers, dogs and chinese sausages. For dessert SO made a mixed fruit tart that as delicious.

Attachments

• fullsizeoutput_2d98.jpg
    fullsizeoutput_2d98.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 100
Happy belated birthday, K-Girl! Hope it was a good one.

We had tomato sandwiches with mayo and lettuce for supper, I had some ham with mine. Butter pecan ice cream for dessert.

Happy Belated Birthday, Kgirl!

We had burgers - well TB had a grilled burger with all the fixings and Greek salad on the side. I had a grilled chicken patty (ground, I made them myself from some thighs), veggies and dip, and I had ice cream for dessert.

Back
Top Bottom