"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu

Old 06-15-2012, 04:18 AM   #1
Executive Chef

Keepin' it simple! Dinner Friday 06/15/12

yesterday i got a beautiful gressingham guinea fowl in tesco on yellow label,marked down from $10 to $3.split it,put half in the freezer & tonight i'll roast the other half on a bed of garlic/fresh rosemary/lemon slices & have it with a dolce verde salad

Old 06-15-2012, 04:54 AM   #2
Head Chef

Its a bit parky out there today Baked Bean, I am keeping it very simple with a gin and tonic to start then Fish Pie.

Old 06-15-2012, 05:12 AM   #3
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravy Queen View Post
Its a bit parky out there today Baked Bean, I am keeping it very simple with a gin and tonic to start then Fish Pie.
omg pearly queen,fish pie?not made that for yonks! bombay sapphire,fish pie & chips....gotta be chips.....dribble dribble!
Old 06-15-2012, 07:14 AM   #4
Executive Chef

Starting to cook ~ 7 quarts / 8 lbs of chili con carne.
Old 06-15-2012, 08:14 AM   #5
Traveling Welcome Wagon

It will be very simple for me today. I'm not doing the cooking. Date night at our best friends' house tonight. I think we will be having the chicken that we ended up not having last night, and salads.
Old 06-15-2012, 08:25 AM   #6
Master Chef

I, too, keep it simple on Friday nights. It is our "social night"; we meet with a group of friends for drinks around 5, then those who are inclined go out to dinner together. This is an ever-changing group, and we're pretty much dedicated to the drinks-after-work thing. One in our group is blind, so when each person arrives, someone in the group chimes out with, "Hi, -----" (fill in name) so that she knows who is approaching her and does not have to guess. It comes out sort of like a Cheers episode.
Old 06-15-2012, 09:29 AM   #7
Head Chef

Butter Bean, it will be Hendricks, Feverfew tonic and a slice of cucumber

No chips darling! Soz!
Old 06-15-2012, 10:00 AM   #8
Master Chef

I'm thinking chicken wings. I have a bag in the freezer that I can pop into the oven. I also have kidney bean salad left over from a luncheon that will be nice for the side.
Old 06-15-2012, 12:18 PM   #9
Chef Extraordinaire

Not sure. I have to go to the City (have to be there early tomorrow a.m., so am going to lock up the chickens, load the four dogs, and head for the City around 3:30). I will rummage in the freezer there--hoping to find a steak to go with the garden salad and Swiss Chard.
Old 06-15-2012, 12:38 PM   #10
Certified Cake Maniac

Today is "anything goes day" on DH's rotate the proteins diet....I love Fridays for that very reason. I can't eat much and most of the foods he needs to eat on certain days. So today we just have a blast food wise.

We are going to Costco so Polish dogs and a drink for $1.50 each are a given for lunch. I have a breathing test for my asthma at 6:30 across the river so we are going to go to our absolutely favourite fish and chips place (with a name like "Cockney Kings" it has to be ). I won't be able to eat it all, but will get the combo plate - one piece of halibut, one of salmon, both in a light and crispy batter. When I first saw it on the menu I thought battered and fried salmon was horrific, but it is actually delicious the way they do it.

Then, I was at the bakery yesterday and got two generous slices of their specialty cakes, one double chocolate truffle and one of their new red velvet. There is enough of each to share. Yes I bake cake for a living, but sometimes it is nice to have it done for you and these people bake it all fresh themselves with natural/organic ingredients.

http://beinglydia.com
LPBeier is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
dinner