Last Supper?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Erik

Sous Chef
I bought a book recently by James L. Dickerson, called "LastSuppers" about people from all walks of life writing about if the world would end tomorrow, what would be your last meal???

It could be anything you make, someone else makes, or from your favorite restaurant. Basically...no rules on what you eat.
Me:
Appetizer: Onion Loaf
Soup: Chorizo/Black Bean Soup
Salad: Tortellini,Capicola, Salami, Broccoli, Tomatoes, and Mozzarella tossed in a Balsamic Vinegarette..
Main Courses: St. Louis Ribs with a White BBQ Sauce, Perfectly Roasted Prime Rib (Medium Rare) with AuJus and Horseradish,
Side Dishes: Baked Sweet Potatoes, Couscous, Grilled Peaches.
Dessert: Tiramisu.

Appetizer: lobster rolls
Soup:gumbo
Salad: fresh garden
Main Courses: sirlion m/r /shrimp scampii/scallops cooked in butter.
Side Dishes: baked potatoe lots butter sour cream/grilled squash and asperagus
Dessert: chocolate cake and chocolate mouse...

OMG what a tough question... so many choices...
39.gif

Okay...
for appetizer prawn, smoked salmon and avocado salad
First course: toss up between bucattini amatriciana or gnocchi with quattro formaggi sauce
Second course: tandoori chicken
Side dishes: Sautèed porcini mushrooms with sour cream
Dessert: Tiramisu
Extra dessert: All you can eat ice cream:-p

artichoke with melted butter
a huge plate of 4 cheese ravioli with alfredo sauce and grated fresh romano on top
bananas foster
tiramisu (strong, please) and a great cup of coffee with heavy cream

This one is so easy, my kids even know the answer to this question if asked of me. They've all been asked and each one got it right.

app: bacon wrapped shrimp with dipping sauce ("Dukes") and phillo covered and baked brie cheese with walnuts, apricots and pruscuitto baked inside
soup: restaurant quality baked potato
salad: sliced avocado, mandarine orange segments, pistachio's, apple slices over baby greens and balsamic viniagarette and caprese salad
entree: lobster with drawn butter
dessert: cheese cake with any form or flavor of fresh fruit compote on top

Not so easy for me.... I have too many favorites.

appy... stuffed mushrooms and bacon wrapped shrimp cooked in a butter and wine sauce and maybe just a little lemon.

Soup... beef stew or chicken noodle with lots of carrots ( noodles not to be cooked with the soup! They should be boiled drained and then put in the bowl and the soup poured over them. I hate soggy noodles.

Salad... Greek minus the feta and spinach with bacon and tomatoes with a sweet orange dressing

Main coarse #1.. Gotta get on a plane and fly to Greece. There's a little street stand that sells the BEST Gyros on Earth, I'll take two.

Main Coarse #2 Fly to Rome... on the out skirts of town there's ( or was) a place called Happy Camping, they have the most wonderful ravioli! I could eat it daily for the rest of my life.

Throw in a baked potato with lots of bacon, butter and salt.
and some fresh Steamed veggies. Tender crisp NOT MUSHY. No butter, no lemon, no salt. I need to taste the real flavor. Also some roasted veggies, those we can spice up with garlic, butter, salt, pepper and olive oil.

Dessert... Ice Cream from Italy! Gallons and gallons of it.
Followed by some home made warm chocolate pudding like Grandma used to make. Followed by a dozen of Paul's home made chocolate chip cookies and a dozen of Grandma's sugar cookies, followed by a batch of browies with chocolate chips added, followed by an apple pie warm from the oven with homemade vanilla bean ice cream, followed by a slice of warm pecan pie, followed by a slice of peanut butter pie and a bag of M & M's washed down by a peanut butter milkshake, followed by even more of that Italian ice cream.

Ok, I'm happy
The world may end.

pdswife said:
Main Coarse #2 Fly to Rome... on the out skirts of town there's ( or was) a place called Happy Camping, they have the most wonderful ravioli! I could eat it daily for the rest of my life

Whoa, do you remember the exact location? Never heard of it, we must check it out!!

OH... I wish I did. I'll we can remember is that it was in Rome and that we took a short drive to the train and then the train into the city proper. It was a short ride.

It was a camping/parking over night type place. People had tents, vans, cars ... I wish I knew. I so want to go there again.

Trish, was that the north side of the town? Prima Porta rings any bell as that train station? I can think of one camping site in that area where some people said that their chefs in the restaurant were very good...I think the camp site had a different name but it could have been changed... I will check on that!!

I just don't know... we were in Europe for 10 weeks and saw and did so many things. We should have taken notes to help us remember the details. I ask Paul if the Prima Porta sounds good to his ears.

Thanks!

pdswife said:
I just don't know... we were in Europe for 10 weeks and saw and did so many things. We should have taken notes to help us remember the details. I ask Paul if the Prima Porta sounds good to his ears.

Thanks!

Trish, I just did a quick search on the net and yes my intuition was right!! It was the same place I was thinking of! You know it is not so often that a camp site hosts a quality eating joint and when a couple of friends of ours told us about this place we couldn't really believe it... like eh? good eat at a camp site??? naaaa... but now this notion is getting more credible, we will check the place out when we go out to that area next time!!

btw excuse me everyone for hijacking the thread!! curiosity killed the cat
10.gif

Last edited:
DuckFeet said:
Erik said:
Main Courses: St. Louis Ribs with a White BBQ Sauce, quote]

First Post--- What is White BBQ Sauce?? Sounds interesting, but I don't have a clue!
from Southern Living:
Version #1
1 1/2 cups mayonnaise
1/3 cup cider vinegar
1/4 cup lemon juice
2 tablespoons sugar
2 tablespoons freshly ground pepper
2 tablespoons white wine Worcestershire
1 teaspoon salt
Whisk together all ingredients in a small bowl until blended.
Yield: makes 1 pint
Version #2
1 1/2 cups mayonnaise
1/4 cup water
1/4 cup white wine vinegar
1 tablespoon coarsely ground pepper
1 tablespoon Creole mustard
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon sugar
2 garlic cloves, minced
2 teaspoons prepared horseradish
Whisk together all ingredients until blended. Store in the refrigerator up to 1 week. Yield: Makes 2 cups
These are both very good! also good with chicken!

In no particular order:

Osetra Caviar
Bluefin Tuna Toro Sashimi
Kumamoto Oysters with Yuzu Mignonette
Pan Seared Foie Gras with a Port Wine Reduction and Poached Pears
Pan Seared Fresh Diver Scallops a Truffle Sauce
Butter Poached Slipper Lobster Tails with Lemon-Thyme Butter
Grilled Colorado Rack of Lamb with Balsamic-Red Wine Reduction
Grilled Niman Ranch Bone-In Rib Eye Steak with Fleur de Sel

I would have to say... a large thick crust pizza with pepperoni, mushrooms, extra cheese, Canadian bacon, Italian sausage and green peppers from my favorite pizzeria, Balistreri's and a six pack of Heineken.:mrgreen:

Back
Top Bottom