Lazy Sunday - 05-11-2014

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mad Cook

Master Chef
Tonight's offering will be Nigella Lawson's "Curry in a Hurry" (the recipe's on line if you want it). Have made it before and it's very tasty. Quite a few convenience foods in it - Thai green curry paste from a jar, frozen veg, etc., but good all the same. Will probably do lemon and coriander rice with it. Fruit for "afters".

Will be making my dear GF some pasta with clam sauce. That is the plan, anyway. Was supposed to have it for almost a week now but something always seemed to come up. Splurged on a bag of La Toscane slow dried pasta and have been waiting to use it. I'll let you know if it is worth the extra couple of bucks....

Last edited:
It's Mother's Day, but Mrs. K is in Las Vegas at a convention on "business". She claims it's all work but I know better. :rolleyes:

Tonight's dinner will be a grilled salmon fillet (weather permitting) with smoked balsamic mustard glaze. Haven't decided what the side will be yet, but right now I'm thinking mustard greens.

Himself is doing the grilling outside but I'll do the prep work and inside foods so they're done right. (right=my way) We'll have a Greek salad, jumbo shrimp seasoned with Spice Merchants Thai Coconut Rub, asparagus wrapped in bacon, and Jasmine rice (basmati if I'm out of Jasmine) cooked in coconut milk and garnished with toasted almond slivers, lemon zest and (maybe) fresh parsley. No plans for dessert except for maybe a second glass of wine.

There should be lots of pics for the What are you Grilling thread ;)

Hubby is cooking today :) he's making red sauce with meatballs, angel hair pasta, green salad, and garlic bread. For after I've got a Saskatoon berry pie from the farmers market, and locally made vanilla bean gelato :9 yum yum!

Going to do a Turkey drumstick that I pulled from the freezer.

Low and slow on the charcoal grill that I'd better light soon.

Sides haven't been decided yet but put your money on frozen veggies on hand and perhaps taters that are easy to fix.

I was going to make Steve's gyros. I pulled the ground lamb out of the freezer Friday evening. But, I just plain forgot to put the seasonings in it yesterday. :wacko: So, we'll be ordering out. I think I will vote for BBQ ribs, but not sure yet.

My dinner is on.
1.jpg

Time for an appetizer, as I've got a wait before I'll be eating.

And my appetizer is eaten.

Attachments

• roasted marrow bones.jpg
    roasted marrow bones.jpg
    115.2 KB · Views: 153
Yum, Pac!

I threw together a vegetable rice chowder. Nice to clean a few items out of the freezer.

When I start working on dinner, a photo is usually the last thing on my mind. I never think to take a pic. But today, pacanis encouraged me so here is the one and only photo of tonight's dinner.

Attachments

• DSC04549.jpg
    DSC04549.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 149
When I start working on dinner, a photo is usually the last thing on my mind. I never think to take a pic. But today, pacanis encouraged me so here is the one and only photo of tonight's dinner.

I'm going to look at all my food pics when I'm 95, drool is coming out the side of my mouth and I'm eating apple sauce... and I don't like apple sauce...

Nice action shot, Andy.

Thanks, Dawg.

I just pulled my ABTs off, but these ribs are taking me longer than I anticipated. It's been a while since I smoked ribs.
On the positive side, the Italian chuck roast is a few degrees from being done.

Looks fabulous Pac.

Well, I had the beef ribs. They were good, as usual. Stirling had the BBQ/smoked pastrami sandwich. It was pretty darned good too.

Back
Top Bottom