March 24, 2014...what's on your plate?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cheryl J

Chef Extraordinaire
.....or WAS on your plate? :LOL: It's not quite 4PM here on the west coast, so many of you have may have already eaten and have your dishes cleaned up by now. :)

I'm having a 2 egg omelette with chopped red and green bell peppers, ham, chives, and a little bit of sharp cheddar cheese. Sliced avocado on the side.

What is (or was) on everyone's menu tonight? :chef:

I took some chunky/loaded spaghetti sauce out last night for tonight's dinner. I'll be steaming some asparagus and making garlic (rubbed) bread, too.
But... as usually happens... I got a taste for something else. So I am having all of the above with a grilled ribeye. I'm sure I won't eat all the steak, but I've got a mad taste for some red meat and will eat most of it.

Since a few of us seem to be eating late (I haven't started yet either) it's possible that Cheryl will have eaten and cleaned up before any of us eastsiders sit down! :LOL:

I'm making a standard "garden salad", then using up some of the leftover long sandwich rolls from Friday - used all of one from a six-pack. :ermm: Going to griddle pounded chicken breasts, then make a chicken sub. A bit of bacon, a slice of cheese, tomatoes, lettuce, and whatever other toppings we each choose. I'm thinking I'll use some olive tapenade on my bread instead of mayo. Or maybe tapenade on the bottom, mayo on the top. Don't have to decide till it's time. Didn't bother going out for avocado even though I had a taste for it - I am the personification of lazy today!

Like GG said, time to get moving!

:LOL: Y'all called it right, I'm done, full, and dishes are done! Going on a day road trip early tomorrow morning with my daughter and her family, so I had incentive to wake up to, and come home to, a clean kitchen. :ermm::LOL:

We grabbed a little quiche Lorraine and a Bellagio something or other sammich with chicken, spinach, roasted red pepper from Cafe Gelato. Cheapest meal we had so far in Vegas.

Hope you guys are having fun out there Dawg!

I decided we'd skip the salad and have dessert instead. Strawberry shortcake on pound cake with ice cream. Sometimes you just have to be bad. :whistling:

Attachments

• 2014-03-24 23.37.29.jpg
    2014-03-24 23.37.29.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 140
:ohmy: You're killin' me here, CG! That looks amazing. And I love your placemats, those are cute as can be. :)

Back
Top Bottom